1120 AF Build in Norway

Geo.Lander

For anyone interested in the size difference between 24 3000 and the 5000 model... It's quite a bit... The overall electrical install on Gertrude has changed quite a bit now. More details coming when I do the actual install..
IMG_8309.jpegIMG_8308.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8311.jpeg
    IMG_8311.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Geo.Lander

Got a bit done this past week as I am able to hobble about a bit more on my leg, general water system and getting the framing done. Pic heavy post.

U-shaped sofa completed, a little change of plans with system layout, no batteries etc will live here anymore. Seeing how strong and light these extrusions really are when tightened down is really impressive. I am only using 3030 and M6 fittings.
IMG_8411.jpegIMG_8400.jpeg
Kitchen unit also done, just need to secure the 135 degree corner piece somehow, I was originally going to weld it with metal epoxy, but now I might try and find a mechanical solution... any ideas?
IMG_8511.jpegIMG_8529.jpegIMG_8497.jpeg
Got somewhere with plumbing, manifold is done, I am just waiting for more parts as the boiler and pump fittings are both NSM and BSP threads and the JG 12mm system does not really have the 3/4 options for direct fittings. Also no 1/2 NSM female fittings I could find... I gave the ply a good coat of wax oil, hope this help with mould.. Will be fitted to the tank frame with tapped nuts.
IMG_8435.jpegIMG_8461.jpeg
Laminating some 2mm alu sheets to fire treated ply for the electrical mounting, which will all now live in the garage.
Thats about it for now, waiting on new EVE battery cells and lots of other parts, next up will be mounting the Victron stuff and making the cable runs. And the fridge fitted through the door, just mm clearance :D
IMG_8468.jpeg4A9535C6-4E4A-490C-AFA8-CC9626745A52.jpeg

Last edited:

Geo.Lander

Last weekend I mounted up the electrical, not 100% finished and might need to redo the vertical conduit idea.. the 5000VA inverter is a beast, only just fits..

Had be be a little careful using the self taping screws as they produced a lot of shavings getting into all sorts of components.
IMG_8629.jpegIMG_8630.jpeg

Some of the mountings were pre-drilled and tapped so I could use bolts:
IMG_8599.jpegIMG_8601.jpeg

Istarted programming the new 200A JK BMS, these units are from 8S configs. They have 2A balancing, Victron CAN bus communication and tick quite a few other boxes. Battery build post coming soon, I have 40 EVE cells on the slow boat right now, lets hope it gets through the pirates 🏴‍☠️

IMG_8618.jpeg

Building everything up before mounting has its advantages, but things become cumbersome really quick, I need a better PV isolation solution too, that location is not practical at all.
IMG_8621.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94