110 Pickup..driveway shots

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
That's a great vehicle to start with. I hope the rust isn't too bad. My goal was to have a 110" by the time I turned 40. Well that's about 6 months from now and it doesn't look like it's going to happen.:(

mongosd2

Adventurer
Bulkhead is very soild, minor rust for a 1983. No frame rust to speak of, rear crossmember is solid, some rust in the battery box, passenger side door bottom is rusted out for about 4", driver side is solid. My doors are in better shape than my friends 1994 D90 from Minnesota...Really, nothing to complain about for a 1983.

Saratoga

Adventurer
I see the towing electrics are in the rear PTO hole in the bumper, the number plate has moved onto the tailgate, looks more a temporary mounting there than on the left rear corner. The side windows match up for a standard 110 from that time period too.

Looks like you'll have room at least on the left hand side to fit side lockers behind the cab door. Looks like it has better grip tyres on the back axle compared to the front.

The tow hitch looks kinda low. A friend with a 110 replaced that for a 'quick release' variant which he made up himself, which was quite easy when you've had a poke around. Although he had a 2.5 NAS Diesel in his.

Date of 1st Reg was 1st June 1983, with a 2.5 L diesel engine and came in blue ;) According to the UK DVLA the vehicle has NOT been exported!

Maryland 110

Adventurer

Date of 1st Reg was 1st June 1983, with a 2.5 L diesel engine and came in blue ;) According to the UK DVLA the vehicle has NOT been exported!

As I'm sure you know DVLA does nothing in a timely manner especially logging in perm exports. Truck left Uk the end of Oct.
DVLA no longer issue cert of export like they used to- paper work reduction.

vanroth

Observer
I'd love to hop over to your side of town and take a look at it. I was talking to Julian a while back about getting an '83 (5dr) but I'm holding off to see what condition they are coming off the boat.

The truck looks great!

-justin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier