10x11.25" One Piece Super Singles? (20")

Think I might have finally settled on a chassis for my Camper Build. Its a Class 6 Truck and uses the standard 10x11.25" Lug Pattern. Does anyone make 20" Super Single wheels for Trucks like these? I know Accuride and Alcoa make 22.5" Super Single wheels which I was considering using, but I think I would prefer to run Military Beads for air down and bead retention purposes. I know FMTV and HEMTT wheels work but I'd prefer not to mess with multi-piece beadlock wheels.

ski_bike_camp

Ski_Bike_Camp
Think I might have finally settled on a chassis for my Camper Build. Its a Class 6 Truck and uses the standard 10x11.25" Lug Pattern. Does anyone make 20" Super Single wheels for Trucks like these? I know Accuride and Alcoa make 22.5" Super Single wheels which I was considering using, but I think I would prefer to run Military Beads for air down and bead retention purposes. I know FMTV and HEMTT wheels work but I'd prefer not to mess with multi-piece beadlock wheels.
Found it ... http://stazworks.com/

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
You might check with @wehring here on the Portal as they are making 1 piece aluminum 20x11 super singles . Not in 10x11.25 yet but they are making 3 other lug patterns so far, so perhaps they will make those?
Also you might check with @RoamIt here on the Portal as 4Wheel24 (a great Germany company) offered him 20" for his MB1224 (don't know if the 1224s run 8 or 10 lug, but my 1017 was 10x11.25) HERE . Terra-exp in Florida is associated with 4Wheel24, so perhaps they could help you. They are also here on the Portal as @terra-exp.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I know Accuride and Alcoa make 22.5" Super Single wheels which I was considering using, but I think I would prefer to run Military Beads for air down and bead retention purposes.

I know FMTV and HEMTT wheels work but I'd prefer not to mess with multi-piece beadlock wheels.
While certainly 20s can be aired down lower than 22.5s, is the difference of 10-15 psi (no internal beadlocks on one piece 20s that I know of) going to make that big of a difference on your 10 ton 29-foot long truck? You will certainly be more limited by the size and weight of your truck, and the corresponding approach, departure, and breakover angles, than whether you got 150 sq. inches of contact per tire, vs 180 sq, inches per tire.

Most of the FMTV etc wheels would not work in your application as they were all on trucks build as super singles so match axle widths, therefore most are not 'flippable' to swap front to rear on a truck that started life as a dually. Some like the Hutchinson Atlas rims (NSN#2530-01-479-2916) are, but very-very rare (and of course two-piece).
As always YMMV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94