10th Generation F-150 Overland build (The Craptor)

D

Deleted member 9101

Other than my riding mower, all of my lawn tools are cordless. It was definitely a good decision.

The days of the two stroke are getting shorter.

hammerg26

SE Expedition Society
I have the Kobat Chainsaw and Mower. Amazing.

I carry an ax, hatchet, and khukuri in my vehicle. May take a bit longer, but works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OBS460

Other than my riding mower, all of my lawn tools are cordless. It was definitely a good decision.

The days of the two stroke are getting shorter.

They certainly are, in the process of selling of my 2-stroke stuff and converting to the Lithium side. I don't do landscaping commercially anymore, so this just makes more sense when it comes to maintenance.

OBS460

I have the Kobat Chainsaw and Mower. Amazing.

I carry an ax, hatchet, and khukuri in my vehicle. May take a bit longer, but works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I carry those as well, but after encountering a fallen tree in Wisconsin I thought a chainsaw would be a nice and way to get back on the trail quickly (plus if I'm vacation I want to minimize manual labor lol). Plus it always seems I have stuff that needs cleaned up around the house.

D

Deleted member 9101

They certainly are, in the process of selling of my 2-stroke stuff and converting to the Lithium side. I don't do landscaping commercially anymore, so this just makes more sense when it comes to maintenance.

Dude... The cordless stuff is so easy to use... Even my wife likes doing the lawn now!

I have the 40 volt Kobalt and couldn't be happier.

OBS460

For the upcoming race season, I will be purchasing a race trailer! As fun as it is to camp,, the truck needs to earn its keep as a tow vehicle as well, so today I added a brake controller. The cubby worked out perfect for my trailer brake controller install, keeping it accessible but out of the way.

I went with a Prodigy P2 proportional unit. These are great, as they use an inertial sensor to adjust the trailer braking power based on how hard you're stopping. An added bonus is the brakes are not fighting you in reverse if you lightly tap the pedal.

You can also set a boost function to have the trailer brakes come on first, to help in a sway event.

Attachments

• 20210105_111402-01.jpeg
    20210105_111402-01.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • 20210105_111241.jpg
    20210105_111241.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47

OBS460

A side benefit with having onboard 120V power and 2 batteries is the truck doubles as backup power.

I wired 3 Xantrax automatic transfer switches into 3 circuits in my main house box (Kitchen, living room, furnace). 20210129_100823-01.jpeg

I'm able to run the: furnace, fridge, lights, ceiling fan, TV, and charge phones/laptops all at once. 20210130_110650-01.jpeg

The inverter was registering a 70A 12V DC load at the peak, so I can power the house for an hour of continuous draw before having to start the truck and recharge the batteries. (They will recharge in 30-40 minutes)
20210129_125602-01.jpeg
The high load devices run a 33% duty cycle, so that pushes the time for the truck off to 3 hours.
20210130_152653-01~2.jpeg

OBS460

Nice work, I'm needing some wheel spacers, where did you get them?

Amazon, just make sure you get ones that are made from T6 aluminum and that are hubcentric to properly center the wheel and take shearing loads off the studs.

Beyond that, retorque the spacers after driving 50-100 miles and recheck at every tire rotation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94