100 Series - SRS Warning Light on

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Here's the short and skinny....

I'm on deployment right now. I talked to the wife today and she said the SRS warning light is on in the Cruiser. She has already made an appointment at the dealer for Friday.

I'm here to consult the forum for insight on what might be the cause of this. I want to make sure the dealer isn't trying to BS my wife when she drops it off.

I did a quick good search (don't have the greatest internet where I'm located) and it looks like it could be a number of things. I don't recall this being a common issue on ExPo or 'Mud. The vehicle is an '04 LX470.

Appreciate the help!

Blackwater

Im getting old! :(
Have her check the steering wheel controls, ie. Radio volume, cruise control, horn, etc...

I bet its the clock spring if those controls don't work. Reason being is because mine just broke lol. 03 LC here with about 160k. It doesn't seem like a terribly common problem on the hundred series LC's.

Around a 220.00 part from a discount OE Toyota online site.

Rumpig

Adventurer
All i can help with is that i believe SRS light is something to do with the airbags....Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the info!

First Update - Initial diagnostic revealed no clues. Apparently the dealer wants to go into the dash now. More to follow...

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Apparently it was an "air bag switch" located somewhere in the dash. That's about all the detail I can get from my wife at this point. I'm still trying to break down the cost. As I'm sure you can imagine it was not cheap.

Blackwater

Im getting old! :(
"Air bag switch"?? As in Clock spring?, what else is there to break resulting in a srs light??

Did her steering wheel controls work?? Horn, radio, cruise etc..???

Give a little more info if you can, I'm curious as I still need to replace mine and I'm 98% sure its simply the steering wheel clock spring...

Thx

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
During our initial conversation she did say that steering controls still worked. It is still at the shop now and should be picked up on Thursday. I'll try to get her to read the receipt to me over the phone for the specific part name.

My initial impression is that it was something else because they had to go into the dash. But I could be wrong, I'm still 6000+ miles away ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94