100 Series Family Adventure Rig

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
I love your thread. Looks great. What brand LED lights did you get. I am needing some more for my truck and trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Bretthn

Explorer
I love your thread. Looks great. What brand LED lights did you get. I am needing some more for my truck and trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Thank you!
There is a thread discussing them here. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/116982-Rock-Lights
I really like them but have recently found that I could have paid a 1/3 of the price by buying them on ebay.

I still need to find some sort of industrial strength adhesive that will stick to anything to hold the rest in place when I install them.

Last edited:

Bretthn

Explorer
Group trip to the NC mountains

Since the last group ride went so well and we still had some roads to explore that we did not finish the last time, we decided to do another trip. We had 9 vehicles this time ranging from almost stock to heavily modified. My wife was even pointing out how cool some of the others vehicles looked and saying things like "why don't we have that?" Win!:wings:
The vehicles and their drivers because we all know the true spirit of exploring is posing in a parking lot and taking pictures. :)

The kids got to do some mountain climbing and got extremely dirty. Yes, it is as steep as it looks and the wives were not freaking out.

Bushhead came out with his Excursion and showed us all up. He added a 2.5 inch lift since I last rode with him and it made a hell of a difference. He worked that thing through some tight trail with the same ease as the guys in the 2 door Jeeps.

continued

Bretthn

Explorer
I tried my damndest to lift a tire for a nice picture but could not get the LX to do it.

Once again we came to this infamous tree that I cannot make it under. We will bring a chainsaw and make firewood of this thing on one of these trips.

The Excursion and this picture make the Lexus look tiny.

I have had a lot of people ask about the flex of these tires. Well this is at 18psi. When I saw this I thought I might have a flat or my digital tire pressure gauge might be wrong.

We made quite a good pace fore having such a large group of vehicles.

This is the culvert that stopped a JK Rubicon dead in it's tracks last time. He cleared it with no problems this time.

The spray paint tagging is new.. Unfortunately we came across a lot of it and empty beer cans. We are talking about making a trash run soon.
continued below

Bretthn

Explorer
There were a few creek crossings.

After the technical trails were over part of the group split ways and the remainder of us hopped on the Blue Ridge Parkway and headed out to Old NC105 for a night of camping.

I love driving across the Viaduct.

Continued below

Bretthn

Explorer
After a night of camping and good company we were woken up early by my 5 year old daughter and took the opportunity to try to catch the sunrise coming up over Table Rock. The sunrise was beautiful... my pictures, not so much. I am getting better though.

We had an awesome campsite.

After a good healthy breakfast we packed up and rode another 20 or so miles of dirt up to Table Rock. My daughter was a little cranky at this point so we had to put the hike to the top off until next time.
The Lexus had a good coating of dust at this point.

We had some awesome weather on the drive home too.

We had a great time making new friends and seeing others again. My family cannot wait until the next one.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
Hey! I ended up upgrading my CB antenna mount to the same one that you have. I also have a 4' fiberglass whip and a spring. I haven't been off road yet, but the mount moves a ton! Are you having that issue as well? I go over a speed bump in a parking lot and the mount will move instead of the spring.

Bretthn

Explorer
Hey! I ended up upgrading my CB antenna mount to the same one that you have. I also have a 4' fiberglass whip and a spring. I haven't been off road yet, but the mount moves a ton! Are you having that issue as well? I go over a speed bump in a parking lot and the mount will move instead of the spring.

That sucks. I have not had any problem at all with mine. I thought about using loctite on the adjustment screws but decided against it. I have had zero movemnt at all besides the spring flexing. I made sure I had a good quality allen wrench that fit snug to avoid stripping and cranked the hell out of them when i assembled mine. I would recomend throwing away the wrench that came with the mount and trying that. I was skeptical when I purchased it but have been very happy since installing it. Good luck with yours.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
That sucks. I have not had any problem at all with mine. I thought about using loctite on the adjustment screws but decided against it. I have had zero movemnt at all besides the spring flexing. I made sure I had a good quality allen wrench that fit snug to avoid stripping and cranked the hell out of them when i assembled mine. I would recomend throwing away the wrench that came with the mount and trying that. I was skeptical when I purchased it but have been very happy since installing it. Good luck with yours.

Hmmm. Maybe I need better mounting hardware. The movement isn't between the two pieces of the mount, it's the whole mount moving on the fender. Did you just use self-tapping screws?

Bretthn

Explorer
Hmmm. Maybe I need better mounting hardware. The movement isn't between the two pieces of the mount, it's the whole mount moving on the fender. Did you just use self-tapping screws?
Yes, I just used the self tapping screws that came with it and some silicone to keep water out. I hope you get yours worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior