100 Series Family Adventure Rig

Bretthn

Explorer
Simple fridge slide

I couldn't justify paying $300+ for a tray and a set of slides so I just picked up some 100# drawer slides for $15 and mounted them to some scrap wood and angle iron I had laying around. It will work until I decide what our needs are for a drawer/organization system. Sorry for the crappy pictures. The humidity today was crazy and every time I stepped outside to take pictures my lens would fog up. For the photographers out there, what do you do to prevent that or solve it? Will post some better pictures later.

By the way, we have been using the fridge for the last couple trips and it has been an awesome addition to our adventure gear! It has also been pretty handy for taking lunch and drinks to work and for keeping cold refreshments for after mountain bike rides.

Last edited:

skrillah

Adventurer
Awesome updates! I'm interested in your impressions of the RTT. What brand is that? Looks like a Tepui or Camping Labs.

Bretthn

Explorer
Awesome updates! I'm interested in your impressions of the RTT. What brand is that? Looks like a Tepui or Camping Labs.
Thanks. We have yet to use the tent but I will post up my impressions once we do. I am pleased that it has created absolutely no noise, even on the highway at 65-70 mph.
It is really light too. I placed it on the tailgate then from the tailgate to the roof, without any assistance.

Bretthn

Explorer
Group trip exploring some public roads

Made a day trip with an awesome group of people last saturday. We were exploring some backroads in Boone, NC.
We all had a blast. There were seven vehicles in total, moms, dads, kids, and a few dogs. We had a 4runner, 60 series Land Cruiser, GX470, JK Rubicon, H3, my LX470, and a small Ford Excursion.
The only vehicle to get stuck was the Rubicon.. but he was stuck in 2wd due to a linkage issue and some very poor luck.

One tree in the way but we made it around. Even with the AHC in low and the tires aired down to 6psi I could not clear. All the other vehicles made it underneath. The GX with a rooftop tent and 285s made it under but 3 of us had to stand on the rear bumper to compress the suspension enough.

The entire trip and all pictures were on public roads.
I have to give credit for these pictures to the others in the group. I had my daughter with me and didn't take many myself.

Danimal

Adventurer
Wow, looks like a lot of fun! Some nice vehicles there, too. Does that GX have a matte wrap or something?

Dan

Bretthn

Explorer
So I bought a midland handheld 75-822 cb and the performance without an antenna sucks. Looking for antenna mounting options and so far have found a mount by Labrak that mounts to the tailgate area and an adjustable hood mount by firestick. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94