$100 (or local equivalent) investments! GO!

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
You've been given $100 to spend on any sort of rig modification or add on. What would you get? It must be the complete modification. No partial mods. It can be vehicle specific or general vehicle modification. It can even be tools, so long as they are kept in the vehicle at least 75% of the time.

I'm actually looking for ideas to improve my ride and I'm slowly running out. (Must.... turn.... wrenches!!!) So I'm a little wrench happy. Aren't we all if we're in this forum? I currently budget $100 a month for modifications.

What would you add?

ps. I'm not going to list what I've already got since I'm sure others would like to hear other opinions as well.

Now to start off. I think my best $100 investment would have to be all the various pouches and bags I use to keep everything organized, including my 2 first aid kits. All told, the bags/pouches cost me under $100 but help me in so many ways.

ZMagic97

Explorer
For me it'd be a good flashlight (Mini Maglight), fire extinguisher, and a Mora Knife. I use the Mora and Maglight all the time, and the extinguisher is great to have for camp fires, cooking..etc..

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Hella 500s. Up here, they are a must for nighttime driving. You can buy other lights for cheaper but they are no where as good as the hellas. I have run them for years with great success.

DaveNay

Adventurer
Food and beverages for the next trip! :smiley_drive:

On a serious note, I'd say a good quality mount for your cell phone and/or tablet. I currently have a Ram X-Mount and while I'm not super thrilled with how it allows the device to rotate, it does hold it secure.

eggman918

Adventurer
Mine is a tool a infrared thermometer I bought it to trouble shoot a cooling system issue but since then I use it on all trips and it lives in the truck.I use it on my walk around inspections I use it to check the temps of the wheel bearings,U joints and gear boxes during long trips and after returning after a while you get an idea of what they should be and if one stands out it can be seen to before it can fail on the road and take out other things,a while back I had a wheel bearing on our trailer that was much hotter than normal and was able to grease it and re tighten it in the field saved us from what could have been a bad situation after the trip I did the fix correctly with new bearings and seals but it might probably saved my spindles and maybe even prevented an accident. After a few trips you get an idea of what is "normal" for everything it keeps you in touch with those things you can't see easily.

kojackJKU

100 dollars worth of beer is a great addition, forgot about that one. enjoying a krombacher wizen now. YUMMIE

Joanne

Adventurer
I would go for new heavy gauge battery cables and a new set of headlights since mine are milky. Yeah, pretty boring but maintenance helps keep it reliable. Out in the middle of nowhere that is important to me.

Joanne

Erik N

Adventurer
Harbor Frieght tow strap. I have pulled a lot of other trucks out of the sand with mine. Get the big one.

kojackJKU

oh, another good mod for less than 100 is rain x. safety mod that is really needed on the straight jeep glass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles