'10 Tundra CrewMax

zidaro

Explorer
Alright I'm back again, found your thread for the camper too. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/northstartc650-n-tundra.43407/

You've really got me wanting to sell my truck and pick up a crewmax and a TC650.

You mentioned somewhere about using a fridge in the cab. I have an ARB 50qt and can't find any pics of anyone using a fridge in a crewmax tundra. Can you share how/where you mount it?

Thanks

Ha! It is a great ride, mostly. Not sure i have a pic of where we keep the fridge. But its easy to visualize. I have the PS rear seat removed. Its the small side fit for 1. Gives a huge space of floor and gets used all the time for all sorts of stuff. Can slip tons of gear, even a MTN bike, in the space left once that seat is out. We put either the ARB there, i have a hardwire DC plug in the back wall, or a large Rubbermaid container with spare items(mostly food) in that region when were traveling.

JLink

Ha! It is a great ride, mostly. Not sure i have a pic of where we keep the fridge. But its easy to visualize. I have the PS rear seat removed. Its the small side fit for 1. Gives a huge space of floor and gets used all the time for all sorts of stuff. Can slip tons of gear, even a MTN bike, in the space left once that seat is out. We put either the ARB there, i have a hardwire DC plug in the back wall, or a large Rubbermaid container with spare items(mostly food) in that region when were traveling.

Thanks. That’s what I was thinking. I snapped a picture of a co-workers crewmax today but didn’t have time to measure. Was wondering if folding the seat back was enough or if it needs to be removed.

With it removed I bet there’s a ton of space!

2208E074-E5D0-4C0A-B7E8-5BC442283C71.jpeg

tony_h

Been following this thread for years. Thanks for all your effort and ideas. Got my Tundra about 9 months ago (in large part because of inspiration from you and Desert Dawg) and have been super pleased ever since.

Back in your first post on this thread, you show a picture of a 12 volt receptacle in the bed (drivers side close to the front). How did you secure the plug to the wall of the bed? Epoxy, nutsert, other? I'm looking to put my fridge in the bed when I have all my kids with me.

I currently run my Indel B fridge inside my cab at the same place you mention above, but just fold the seat up. Not sure on the 2010 model, but did you put a different 12 volt receptacle in because the factory one isn't live all the time (powered only when the key is on). I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to keep the plug in the back of the console on at all times for when I want my fridge in the cab. Any ideas?

zidaro

Explorer
Been following this thread for years. Thanks for all your effort and ideas. Got my Tundra about 9 months ago (in large part because of inspiration from you and Desert Dawg) and have been super pleased ever since.

Back in your first post on this thread, you show a picture of a 12 volt receptacle in the bed (drivers side close to the front). How did you secure the plug to the wall of the bed? Epoxy, nutsert, other? I'm looking to put my fridge in the bed when I have all my kids with me.

I currently run my Indel B fridge inside my cab at the same place you mention above, but just fold the seat up. Not sure on the 2010 model, but did you put a different 12 volt receptacle in because the factory one isn't live all the time (powered only when the key is on). I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to keep the plug in the back of the console on at all times for when I want my fridge in the cab. Any ideas?

Thanks for following along!! its been a journey! Still is :) Stoked that i may have been a contributor to your Tundra decision

Yep, put in a constant hot plug into the back panel, its also wired, 10G SLX wire is what i am using, into same circuit as the one in the bed, and i wired in a Dual USB in the rear of center console (replacing the DC plug) to the ACC ON plug wire. The Blue Sea DC and USB plugs have a spin on mount. I just used that.

tony_h

So, quick question again about your 12 volt receptacle. I'm gathering parts for a similar project but the 10 gauge wire is confusing me. I was looking for 10AWG, but I can't find red/black together that is suitable. What wire did you use and where did you purchase it? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

zidaro

Explorer
fullsizeoutput_73fc_zps9lvm0hcb.jpeg

another epic hot lap thru Baja!! This time we spent almost 3 weeks. Target was some touring along the top of Baja Sur. Couple BIG Highway days to travel the distances- there and back, but mostly toured dirt trail. Camping everywhere. Total mileage in Baja was 1500, atleast half of that on dirt. So fun.
Started just after July 4th weekend crossing in at Mexicali early, had some tacos in San Felipe and headed south on the 5 till sunset.

fullsizeoutput_7222_zpskhnqnk8q.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_73fb_zpswl9lnzq4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_721e_zpsoxf6wwyw.jpeg

Next day we pressed on South past Guerrero Negro to the Pacific coastline, following it to Laguna de San Ignacio.

fullsizeoutput_73fd_zpshgtmowmh.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_722a_zpsd1zownhx.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7223_zpsapxwu2py.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7225_zpshw6t91sc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7403_zpsikrservq.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_73ff_zps1dq728ej.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_740a_zps7lonevww.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_73fe_zpsktsqbnbx.jpeg

Then to San Jaunico, stayed there for a week :)

More pics to come!!

Kpack

Adventurer
My family used to head down to Guerro Negro all the time to fish. There's a place to the west of it called Laguna Manuela that was an awesome place to catch sand bass. The lagoon is behind a reef of pristine sand dunes (sometimes we found old shipwrecks in the sand that had been uncovered....square copper nails and all) and the bass bite like crazy. They would destroy our lures as fast as we could drop them in and would even go for bare hooks once they stripped the rest of the lure off.

There's a beach just to the north of it that is made up entirely of shell fragments. Really a cool place to visit. Lots of great memories of camping/fishing in Baja.

zidaro

Explorer
July Baja Cont.

San Juanico is a ************ surf zone. Took the Salt Flats road in from San Ignacio. Good times, tried to get out on the dunes North of, it is damn near impossible in a full size!! Lets leave it at that.
Lots of families staying in town that come down and surf camp everyday, big point to camp and surf along. Plenty of Gringos!
Sweet waves all day, every day.
We ended up staying dang near a week cuz it was so fun!

fullsizeoutput_72e8_zpstisy9tut.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7275_zpsir4zqfrc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_729f_zpsfxzptd7r.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_727b_zpsf6xdbnvo.jpeg

daughter stole my longboard, so i SUP surfed whole time.

fullsizeoutput_72c1_zpsqu1zxdqo.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_72f8_zps8uivkkkd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7300_zpsm1p3itlg.jpeg

ARB awning was KEY!!!!
other activities include buggies and bikes along the beach to South, frisbee, drinking, tacos!

fullsizeoutput_7259_zpsocdvassp.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_72df_zpst3ymhqbm.jpeg

Pulled out days later, heading South along the coast as far as the beach would let us. Plan was to cross peninsula into Bahia Conception region!

fullsizeoutput_732e_zpswbsjffiu.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_732f_zpssbjqq6jb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7339_zpsqxempby9.jpeg

Dmski

Adventurer
^Same! I'd like to see how this thing has faired long term and what changes were made. Great build and photos!

rruff

Explorer
Resurrecting this thread. I'd love to see what came of the LT setup on your Tundra and any adventures it's been on. Any changes?
I just did a search for zidaro and he's been pretty quiet everywhere it seems. Last post I found was on ih8mud on Apr 7 this year.

tacollie

Glamper
I just did a search for zidaro and he's been pretty quiet everywhere it seems. Last post I found was on ih8mud on Apr 7 this year.
He posted in his 4Runner thread Monday....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles