'10 4runner - game on

zidaro

Explorer
'10 4runner - slow and easy goes it!

Hello everyone

Just signed the papers!
New addition to the family and a drastic change from an '87 runner(still got it). Off'd our Ford Explorer for this :wings:
DSC_0031.jpg

To those who care:

Magnetic grey Limited
full-time 4x4, center diff., downhill assist(DAC), Hill start Assist Control(HAC)
XREAS suspension
Black Leather, Heated front seats
Sunroof, Dual Zone Climate
Nav./JBL system with a Party button
Remote Engine Start, Smart Keys
Carpet/cargo Mats
Roofrack crossbars
Third row seating

Wish the limited came with a rear locker but that can always be added later when i get over my sticker shock.
This is my wifes rig. It will see LOTS of snowy/icy roads where we live and plenty of car camping in Death Valley and all over the Sierras where a serious 4x4 is not required (read: Rubicon/Johnson Valley/etc..). We have my Toyotas for that :)
Cant wait to play with this thing and get some basic rock/deer/brush/tourist protection around it.
We'll see where else we mod after it gets set up for exploring. Gotta get a slide for my ARB fridge and a decent roofrack
I'll let you know ASAP when things get going.
DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Feel free to add any comments or mods. info., ask any Q's- you cant hurt my skin
I will try to keep this post updated as I go with any info. and mods we come along.
Look forward to discovering the plus/minus of a 5th gen. with you all.

DSC_0026.jpg

I will post up 3rd row access shots too.

Aaron

Last edited:

Vermejo

Adventurer
Congrats. Looks like you may have the first 5th Gen on ExPo. We eagerly await your review and action shots. :sombrero:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Congrats! Love the new body style!!
:smiley_drive:

X2. :victory: ARB is soon to release their suspension for the 5th gens. Although claimed to be built around the FJ chassis, they're still working out some kinks. Last rumor I heard is that they are nearing the end of R&D in Australia.

alexrex20

Explorer
the dealer tried telling me that all Trail Edition 4Runners were in the $45-50k price range. yeah right!

i think the only way to get an affordable TE model is to build your own and have it shipped to you. i built one online to $37k msrp

austintaco

Explorer
Champion in Austin has a limited and a trail edition. The trail looked like it was completely loaded and they wanted $42K for it (sticker price) but that was with about $1700 of dealer installed options like remote start and protectant.

If I were looking for a new truck, this would be it, but only if I could get the price down to $34K.

zidaro

Explorer
Ok, its home now. Didnt get done till after dark last night so the shots I got SUCK. I'm working right now, FF/medic, so may not get much of an update till I'm off shift.

Immediate impressions-
Its beautiful and masculine lines are right-on. I'm not "stoked" on 20" rims, but will manage. They are a very nice style I just personally think 17" is ideal off-road. Backspacing is too much as well, they are recessed into wheel well too far. An immediate solution is wheel spacers, time will tell.
It has great fungshwee??? how the heck knows/cares how to spell that! Meaning that it feels great in the cockpit, everything is where it feels it should be- sans the driver door/window controls that are on the top of the doorsill, they may take a bit to get used to.
I am 5'9" and it feels very comfy, nowhere near hitting my head on the sunroof molding as i have heard complaints of before. 2nd row seating is same and should be very good for all but the longest of legs. third row is "doable" for an adult but certainly reserved for my daughter, who has claimed that area as hers already.
My prior vehicles were archaic. This thing is techy and beautiful even compared to may of the 4th gens. and Sequoias i have been in- sorry guys.

Simple things-
Smart key- mindblowing. Simple idea but works great. Dont have to have it in your hand to get in and start your locked car, can be in a purse or pocket- sends IR signal and auto unlock, push a button once in and wala- engine on. Pod also has remote start capability with a button sequence. Can roll rear window down too from outside with pod(key).
Bluetooth integration works perfect and easy to set up.
Stereo is SICK for a production rig. Party button is cool and ^bass and rear speakers but you cant tell on the button when it is on or off.
Got a call, im out

User_Name

Adventurer
So with that Smart key system, if you have the key in your pocket and get out, can another person drive off?

Just wondering if you drive somewhere and then wifey goes off to do errands, is she going to get stranded if she doesn't have a key to restart?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94