1 gen Xterra and R50 front hubs the same?

bushnut

Adventurer
the part # for warn manual hubs for both R50 and '00 Xterra are the same does that mean that the xterra autohubs will fit on a Pathfinder? the reason I'm asking is that as an R50 owner (with warns) I just bought a 1st gen X and was hoping that I could swap hubs.

XPLORx4

Adventurer
I believe it is possible to install Warn #29091 on the Xterra, but I don't think you can install Xterra auto hubs on the R50. If I recall (though it's been a very long time and I could be mistaken), the snap ring fits on a different location on the outer CV axle and it doesn't match the same place on the R50. It would be an interesting experiment to see if it's possible, though.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
I recall there are a few slight differences, but with enough donor parts it will work. You need to get part numbers for all the wheel bearings and retaining nuts and such and double check.

I have put R50 drive flanges on a 1st gen Xterra. That was a very long time ago.

bushnut

Adventurer
thanks for the info guys. looks like I'm off to the JY to find R50 drive flanges to re-install so I can swap out my Warn hubs on to the X and then drive the R50 away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles