08 Xterra rear winch bumper build

viter

Adventurer
looks very innovative!!! and borrowing swing-out from an H2 is ingenious!

how much did the swing-out cost you and where did you get it? did you have to extend it to get the bolts to mount directly to the vehicle frame or for some other reason?

how is all this mounted to the frame? considering winch could pull on it pretty hard it would be important.

08whitex

Adventurer
I found the swing arm on craigslist for 100 dollars. Normally I see them for around 300. The reason I had to extend the swing arm is because the mounting bolts would of hit the frame at the stock length. The bumper mounts are 5/16 thick, they are bloted to the frame with 3 bolts on each side, and are welded to the bumper with with very stout gusseting. IMO the bumper is mounted stronger then the factory hitch was.

AZ-Ted

Adventurer
Joe, that winch bumper looks f'n sweet!!!

Are you gonna build any of these for sale? OR maybe the top rack (hint hint)??

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
What type of winch did you use? I'm looking for something low profile to use with my application, but haven't been able to find anything over a 5000lb that I know will fit. My mumper is a bit narrower than yours though.

Don

-

08whitex

Adventurer
My bumper is designed to use any winch with a 10 x 4.5 inch mounting surface. The winch feet bolt to the bumper and there is plenty of room for any wich you like

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94