'08 Pathfinder V8 Overland Build-Diesel Heater, Sleeping Platform, Sink, Sprayer...

Dmski

Adventurer
Completely understand that! I've also come to realize that day trips to an ORV park or difficult trails are fun, they aren't exactly what I fully enjoy. I've definitely enjoyed exploring new areas with some technical terrain thrown in. But it's always been about the landscape and camping/exploring for me and less about the hardcore rock crawling and carnage that goes along with it.

Weird about my photos... It's been a while since I went back through them and the Photobucket fiasco messed with all of the threads... I'll have to take a look and see if I can update some of it. I just finished up the sleep platform last night actually. Went a slightly different route than yours but I'm hoping it will work out alright.

N.Y.X.

Observer
I can see some of them and I do have the photobucket add in so it bypasses the issue. IDK if it's your flickr or what. But I would like to see the finished product!

N.Y.X.

Observer
Sad news... was hit by a cabbie last Thursday :( So far $4100 in just body work, they have no clue on the suspension!!
102.jpg103.jpg
105.jpg104.jpg106.jpg

llamalander

A Prius, huh... Doesn't matter how good they make you feel on the inside if you don't look outside while you're driving.
The idiot who destroyed his civic making a u-turn into my back door bought me a new throttle body and I decided to keep his paint.
Sometimes you can make some good come of it, sorry to see it happened though-

N.Y.X.

Observer
It's just really bad timing with it being winter season. I need it to get to work and if it snows, the 135i with 265/35/R18's won't cut it. It just sucks now that it will be on the vin report, etc. but I am just happy to say I wasn't in my xterra as I would have flipped it and it would have been totaled.

BeardedHombre

Observer
Skip to Current Build Post:
https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...ng-platform-sink-sprayer.192397/#post-2464292

Hello all, long time lurker here. Figured it was a good time to start my build thread! Before this I had a 2010 Ford Ranger budget build to try the truck platform and really wanted to go back to the SUV. As previous to the Ranger I built a 2006 Xterra S model that was just too slow in the CO mountains with 35's and 4.10's. So I felt a great compromise would be the V8 pathfinder.... other than 3 aspects. 1, the roof rack does not go to the windshield, but is shorter due to sunroof. 2, the limitations on gearing being a 3.36 option without SAS'n the rear end. And finally the rear IFS. I felt with my previous knowledge of the platform, my interests leaning more toward camping and overlanding, along with towing in the mountains; this would be a great option for me.

Finally, I like to build all kinds of things and currently have a handful of projects. Here are some pictures of my current and past builds.
View attachment 444298View attachment 444299View attachment 444300View attachment 444301View attachment 444302
Curious with your Ranger build, how did that shell effect your MPG? Thinking about something like that for a Frontier.

N.Y.X.

Observer
I am a really bad person to ask as MPG is irrelevant to my decision making process. I can tell you it was a dog; but I also thought geared xterra was a dog and think this V8 pathfinder is also slow af lol. But then again I am used to 300whp+ daily drivers.

BeardedHombre

Observer
I am a really bad person to ask as MPG is irrelevant to my decision making process. I can tell you it was a dog; but I also thought geared xterra was a dog and think this V8 pathfinder is also slow af lol. But then again I am used to 300whp+ daily drivers.
Lol I hear ya. I used to daily my race car waaay back in the day that I had to drive on a 50/50 mix of race fuel and pump gas. With an 80 mile a day commute haha. I was just curious if you noticed any difference.

N.Y.X.

Observer
Yeah, I didn't notice anything crazy. I was going to add a different roof rack and fairing to help aerodynamics but never got around to it!

N.Y.X.

Observer
Thanks!! I am not sure at this point, I will fix and keep for a bit and decide over winter what I want to do.

N.Y.X.

Observer
Got a couple doors for the pathy and a mirror on the way. Have paint scheduled for spring. Need to finish up my armor as well...
102.jpg103.jpg104.jpg105.jpg106.jpg107.jpg108.jpg

N.Y.X.

Observer
Added some more pics of the roof rack above. Need to add the awning mounts, 2 - 20" alley light mounts, 20" rear light mounts & the front 30" light mounts and she'll be ready for a test run. I picked up a Pelican 1615 Air that will fit perfectly across the back. I also made a little bracket to replace the one on my snorkel that you are supposed to rivet to your A-pillar (no thanks). I need to trim some more off the windshield side to assure it is above the glass; other than that it's solid.

Amazing build. Keep up the great work. You make me feel ok I can really build the inside if my QX to be sleeping inside, instead of thinking of a roof top tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles