06 Sportsmobile Transformer 4x4

TheCarpenter

Observer
06 Sportsmobile Transformer, sportsmobile 4x4 conversion w/ Atas twin stick transfer case, Danatrac pro-rock 60 front axle, this van thinks it's a Jeep but cooler, 95k miles on 6.0 bullet proofed by top credentialed shop at 75k miles done by choice not necessity.

I bought this rig from the original owner in July of 16' with 72K and have done nothing but upgrade it since. I installed a Aluminess roof rack and ladder, towing mirrors, Pioneer HUD w/ navigation and back up camera, 24" flip down TV, bulletproofed the motor minus the head bolts(these vans don't make enough boost to damage the head bolts). I also have a set of run-cool hood vents that I have not installed. Just in the shop for a brand new Lifeline house battery, front brakes, all fluids/filters, A/C service.

The van can seat up to 8 with 4 captains seats and a removable 4 seat bench. The transformer kit(heavy duty removable fitted bed frame by SMB) clips in to the rear bench brackets when you want to convert for camping. The galley has a microwave, fridge, and a sink. I do have the snap on artic widow shades for all windows.

The van speaks for itself and is located in So. Cal. mountains. Over 80k worth of van I am asking $36,500K FIRM...

TheCarpenter

Observer

Boostman

Looks like a nice rig. Photos of the interior would be appreciated, to understand fully the layout, etc. Thanks.

TheCarpenter

Observer

Attachments

• 20180603_174230.jpg
    20180603_174230.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 20180328_183712.jpg
    20180328_183712.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 607
  • 20180328_183820.jpg
    20180328_183820.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 563

hoodzy

Great rig and good luck with the sale. It seems like a great price. I had a 6.0 Quig for a while and loved the motor once it was all gone through. I do have 1 question, I thought the headbolt stretch issue was due to a combination of excessive heat (and poor quality OEM bolts) which in turn causes the block and head to expand and twist, causing the bolts to stretch. Anyone know if this is correct as well as the high boost as mentioned above?

Last edited:

TheCarpenter

Observer
Great rig and good luck with the sale. It seems like a great price. I had a 6.0 Quig for a while and loved the motor once it was all gone through. I do have 1 question, I thought the headbolt stretch issue was due to a combination of excessive heat (and poor quality OEM bolts) which in turn causes the block and head to expand and twist, causing the blots to stretch. Anyone know if this is correct as well as the high boost as mentioned above?
I was always under the impression the stretch came from programmer mods push higher boost into the cylinders but I have recently heard EGR coolers clogged from lack of maintenance and incorrect coolant can cause added pressures on the heads. Not an expert and no first hand knowledge so just repeating hearsay.

Myvanisbetter

Observer
Good luck with the sale! Where did that awesome roof rack come from?

I was always under the impression the stretch came from programmer mods push higher boost into the cylinders but I have recently heard EGR coolers clogged from lack of maintenance and incorrect coolant can cause added pressures on the heads. Not an expert and no first hand knowledge so just repeating hearsay.

From my research, a large contributor to the head gasket issue was clogged EGR coolers that end up superheating the coolant, it flashes to steam and pop goes the weasel. Plus there was already not enough bolts in the head as designed.

I've had 2 6.0 vans and love the power that they make, but I definitely have my current one studded/deleted/bulletproofed for peace of mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94