'05 Sequoia, slow build theread

BMWJNKY

Sold my D2. After a weekend trip to Yosemite with my soon to be wife, son, 85 pound dog and gear the D2 didn't cut it for cargo space. So I upgraded to an '05 Sequoia Limited 4WD with only 104k. I considered getting a 100 series but liked the interior space better in the Sequoia. I've already upgraded some of the lights since getting it on Saturday, new fog lamp bulbs will be going in tomorrow and next week it will be getting tires. Long term will be a 2" lift, swap out the stock side steps for sliders, more lights, functional roof rack and maybe a locker for the rear.

I'm currently repairing the front speakers, the surrounds have come unglued from the frames. I will post pics once I'm done since this may save other Sequoia/Tundra people from having to buy new speakers if they are willing to put in a little time and about $7 in glue. I would have been able to fix them today but the glue I had was dried up so I have to order more.

80-img_20171008_111323_bc9adb607546aa5fd7b4e1889d9546b0ef78c6c7.jpg

mulze22

Nice looking Sequoia you have there! I picked up a 2006 White SR5 myself very recently. Just removed the badges off of the tailgate and the sides I might have to take a look at my speakers but they don't seem bad. What glue are you using?

Nikkshepherd

Observer
Guess I'll use this as an opportunity to show my old sequoia off. Regret trading it in for a Rubicon. Impulse buy. I'd take her back if I could! So much room and very capable vehicles. Not to mention the Iforce. Just make sure that timing belt and water pump are done. It being an Interference motor and all.

6f6zgi.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the club
Around town lazy use my 05 is ok on 87octane. Road trips loaded and haulling ******** 91octane keeps the pining away. Mine is 92,000 yea its a low mileage rig. Im probably replacing the BFG rugged terrains with the BFG KO2's next summer. Probably staying stock size given even stock size its pretty capable and I have a few tight parking garages it frequents.

D114DA75-A0C0-4C4D-AC82-DE70BEF32F42.jpg

BMWJNKY

I got new tires today since we are taking a trip to the coast next weekend and one of the tires that was on it had a 2002 production date and the sidewalls were cracking. I went with 265/70/17 Falken Wild Peak AT3W's after seeing good reviews and the pricing was good as well. The tires totally changed the look of the vehicle for me. I also installed my window vent visors. The PO claims he did the timing belt and water pump last year but I will probably do it in a month or so to be safe. Next upgrade after I replace the cracked windshield will probably be some Bilstein 5100's for a Tundra so I can level out the vehicle. Since I have the air suspension in the back if I make the front level it will maintain that look with any reasonable amount of load in the back. Eventually I would like to figure out how to trick the system to sit an inch higher in the back then raise the front even more.

80-img_20171015_124319_022b92de6ab824270d8c3e3459c48d64304e6ad2.jpg

80-img_20171015_124309_effects_bd32b66cae07b349c9b1268bcf0002ac678e651d.jpg

ukrboy

Observer
Nice looking Sequoia. Looks like we are twins haha. Mine is also an 05 Limited in black.
Here's the process on how to trick the rear air ride

7ae61526b07bd05f5921076d765bd41d.png

BMWJNKY

Do you know what the rear ride height change is by sliding the arm in the lower bracket and is there anything to be gained by moving the upper mounting point to one of the other holes? I'm not looking for a 4" lift but if I can get an 1.5" gain in the back that would be nice.

ukrboy

Observer
Do you know what the rear ride height change is by sliding the arm in the lower bracket and is there anything to be gained by moving the upper mounting point to one of the other holes? I'm not looking for a 4" lift but if I can get an 1.5" gain in the back that would be nice.

No idea.
I haven't done it myself.

chunko

Observer

I think this is pretty similar to the ride height system in the GX470 and 4runner. You should be able to get a couple inches by adjusting the position of the slot and the connecting rod with the locknuts. See this thread (post #12) for an illustration/ better explanation: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-1st-gen-2004-2009/804145-my-lift.html

BMWJNKY

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll have the money to get the 5100's for the front in a couple months once the windshield and timing belt have been replaced.

BMWJNKY

For anyone interested the Falken Wild Peak AT3W has been a good tire so far. Quiet on the freeway and the 265/70/17 size still fits in the stock spare location. This weekend they will see some use on BLM roads when I visit my aunt and uncle in Nevada.

BMWJNKY

No pictures but I aligned my headlights and fog lights yesterday. Headlights were a little high and with the higher wattage bulbs I didn't want to be that guy going down the road. I also found that at only a 10 foot distance the passenger fog light was aimed about 2 feet higher than the driver side one so it wasn't putting much of any usable light down the road. Today I ordered my Aux input kit from GTA Car Kits. Since my Sequoia has rear DVD & factory Nav the cheap kits from Amazon don't have the right connectors to work. I'll take some pictures when it gets here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles