05 sequoia limited aka “turd crappley”

smokeysevin

Observer
bolt hole was the same size it was the smaller bushing that was the problem , it was collapsing under the weight of the rig and the strut itself was 1/2” shorter . Has the right part number on the strut but obviously the wrong part .
That happened to a buddy of mine on his Corvette.

Sean

Smileyshaun

Observer
Well glad I just spent money on the coilovers , a body lift and a 12k winch …. What a way to ring in the new year ….. ************** tweakers F0092F58-EC1B-49F3-8ED8-2D2781171758.jpeg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
How are you finding the 255s on the freeway? I ran 255/85-16s on my 100 Series and they wandered a LOT up in the Washington portions of I-5. We just drove to and from Ventura Ca and stopped in for chicken and waffles at The Screen Door. Love that place!

I’m looking at a nicely built ‘03 Sequoia for my wife right now and it has 275/70-18s which is smaller than I’d normally go, but will be fine for her.

Smileyshaun

Observer
How are you finding the 255s on the freeway? I ran 255/85-16s on my 100 Series and they wandered a LOT up in the Washington portions of I-5. We just drove to and from Ventura Ca and stopped in for chicken and waffles at The Screen Door. Love that place!

I’m looking at a nicely built ‘03 Sequoia for my wife right now and it has 275/70-18s which is smaller than I’d normally go, but will be fine for her.

I still need to get an alignment so there is some wandering but I have noticed if I go above 32 psi in the tires it wanders a lot. On my last sequoia I had 255/85r16s And it drove straight as an arrow

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Nice! Progress is good.

I test drove an ‘03 last night, and if the trigger is pulled tonight, I will have some more Sequoia content. This one is pretty well built aside from exterior lights and a bit of cargo management, so I may not do a “build” thread.

Smileyshaun

Observer
Nice! Progress is good.

I test drove an ‘03 last night, and if the trigger is pulled tonight, I will have some more Sequoia content. This one is pretty well built aside from exterior lights and a bit of cargo management, so I may not do a “build” thread.
Nice can’t wait to see it

Smileyshaun

Observer
Body lift is on , my god that was a ********** . It’s not perfect and have some Stuff to readjust and fiddle with but now there’s plenty of room to tuck the winch into the bumper and it looks more proportionate FC39AE8C-EB17-42DF-B2F3-6E2A5228DFEC.jpeg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
How much body lift did you do? And I must have missed it, but why did you go with a body lift vs more suspension?

Oh, and you’re correct about what the world needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles