04' Rubicon

MOAK

Adventurer

04' Rubicon
Color Khaki---- NO RUST ---- 5 speed manual, 105k miles +/-
Here are things installed within the past year.
New OME 2.5" with sport shocks installed in June (with 1" Prothane Body lift,, installed 6 or 7 years ago)
New track bars, front and rear August
New front lower control arms, (rusty's) August
New rear ceramic brake pads, August
New Thermostat, August.
New Bestop Sailcloth top, December
New door straps, August
New Husky Liners (up front only) December

Other things done to it and added on.
JKS quick discos added April of 2012
3 year old Sears Platinum Battery (odyssey)
New serpentine belt at 75,000 miles
Front drive shaft custom built at 75,000 miles. (with zerk fittings)
HD Steering stabilizer installed at 75,000 miles
BFG KM 255/85/16s (33x10.5) on stock Moab Rims, 20k miles of wear tread only half gone. Should get another 20k easily..
Warrior Safari Rack,, (rear hoop is custom fabbed stainless steel)
Warrior Expedition Rack, with Jerry can racks..
Heavy duty tow hooks up front
Custom Built ( A2Z ) winch hoop
Cheapo winch (****tybuilt) with synthetic Masterpull Amsteel Blue winch line, ( don't ask me how, but this winch is now going on 5 years old, and has never failed us. I tore it down immediately and got all the crappy chinese grease out of it and replace that grease with marine grade synthetic grease.)
Warn Roller fairlead
Three flood lamps on hoop
Two long range spotters up top
Amber fog lamps on bumper
Class III 2" receiver hitch
4 pin trailer light plug in.
Aluminum diamond plate rear corner protection..
Steering box skid
Front Dif Skid
Bestop Saddle Bags
Cobra CB radio (needs work)
Sony Head unit.
Rear seat and all carpeting, + a home made tool box, that replaces rear seat, it is a clamshell box where we carry spare parts, air, tools etc.. if you want the box, you can have it and the rear seat, if you don't want the box, it'll make good kindling to get my wood burner going..
I cannot think of any other extras off the top of my head.
This jeep had been meticulously maintained since I bought it brand new in March of 04

Mobil I, changed every 5 to 6 k
Coolant swap every 40 K, last done in August
Dif, transfer case, and tranny fluids changed every 50 K last done in August

This Rubicon has had a steady diet of NON-ETHANOL gasoline..

spare parts;; u-joints, coolant hoses, serpentine belt

This Rubicon has been to Moab 3 times, The Rockies once, and deep up into Quebec twice.. and some local trips as well, and has, and will for many years to come, performed flawlessly on the trail, and on the long interstate trips. This jeep has been treated like some folks treat their campers, driven only 50 to 75 miles a week. The rest of the milage was compiled going on our trips. The trail and other off road driving? This jeep has never been beaten, as I pride myself being a finesse driver. (Hey, I'm 60 years old, I outgrew that Dukes of Hazard crap a long long time ago) Most of the mileage is interstate. This jeep has never experienced salted roads. No smokers, no Kids,, the interior is near mint. I have spent the last 9 and a half years building this jeep to suit our needs, ie, long range overland back country exploration. Having said that, we stay away from popular wheelin trails and most often take the trail less traveled. In other words, we go ALONE. Meaning? I've been rather anal with the preventive maintenance schedule on this jeep and have replaced or repaired a lot of little things before they needed it. Therefore, my wife and I have never had any qualms about being alone in the literal middle of nowhere, sometimes hundreds of miles from the nearest inhabited town..
Oh,,, the A/C and heater units work perfectly.
When the jeep was only 2 years old, I ran an A/C auxiliary cut off toggle switch. (one of my best mods)
That saves a lot of wear and tear on the unit, and you're sure it's turned off. If you need that little extra power for passing or getting up to speed on the interstate ramp or lifting up and over a trail obstacle just flip the toggle off.

I cannot think of anything else to mention about it. so here are the negatives:
Common trail scratches along body, nothing serious, and they will undoubtedly buff out. I just never cared enough to have a detail shop do a pro job on it
A bit of rock rash here and there on the Moab wheels, once again, nothing serious but the rash does exist..
As stated, I am very much a finesse driver, but that doesn't keep rocks from denting up the skid plates, they are dented and scraped, however once again, nothing seriously earth shattering, normal wear for a lightly used trail rig, and I'm under my jeep all the time, with rotary wire brush, primer, and black paint in constant pursuit of any bare metal resulting from trail running.

OK,,, thats all I can think of off the top of my head,, In two weeks I'll be listing it on e-bay with the reserve set at $15,000.. I'm very firm on this price, but before that I thought I'd post it up here.. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC00488.jpg
    DSC00488.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC01119.jpg
    DSC01119.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 107

Forum statistics

Threads