04 4Runner overland build

Brought this 4Runner a few years ago with the intent of it being a daily driver....well that only lasted about a year or two untill I moved out to AZ and discovered that tons of people love these things for their offroad capability and reliability.
Here it is stock:

I added tires just a little bigger and better for offroading.

I went with 2.5" coils in the front and 2" coils in the rear. Bilstein 5100 shocks with adjustable/greasable SPC UCA's. I put on 295/75/17 Cooper STT Pros later on.

Offroad front bumper from RPM Fab.

And heres how it sit today!

Attachments

• 3YOu83.jpg
    3YOu83.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Yz8URl.jpg
    Yz8URl.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 40
I am moving back out to Tucson in a month or so. Cant wait to see how it does with the lift and tires.
Plans are eventually to make it into a rig capable of being off the grid for a few days without needing to run into town for things, unless absolutely nessesary.
Future plans are:
-rear bumper with tire carrier and jerry can mounts etc
-cb radio
-aux battery
-LED pods in the bumper
-winch
-rock sliders
-all metal skid plates
-mounts for shovel, jack etc
-rear sleeping platform with more storage, comfortable bed etc, camping stove... you name it!
-aftermarket headers and exhaust
-rear FJ Cruiser axle with e-locker

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Looks like a solid start. I'd recommend you forget the CB and get a GMRS/FMRS radio instead. Good luck with the move and build.

Started building the rear camping platform. It is not done yet, but it is getting there. I still have some pieces to cut but im happy with how it came out.

QKkuV5.jpg

JAPeyO.jpg

UaURqn.jpg

Made some progress on the platform. I added a single drawer that i can slide in and out quite easily without being on tracks. I was going to add a smaller one on the other side. I am thinking about going out and buying one more sheet of wood.

Looks like a solid start. I'd recommend you forget the CB and get a GMRS/FMRS radio instead. Good luck with the move and build.

The one time CB is nice here in the PNW is on logging roads to listen to logging trucks. They drive super recklessly on the logging roads in the forest but if you can hear them coming you can pull over so you don’t get plowed. When I pull my trailer hunting I even call out my mile marker every few so they slow down. The drivers are usually cool if you let them know you are coming and I get a wave when we pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checking in sorry been very busy prepping for my move back to AZ and all! I still have the T4R, just finished the sleeping platform/rear storage build. I am having the rig shipped over as soon as possible once I am in Tucson, as i am driving my Suburban out there with all my stuff. Looking forward to doing some camping as soon as I am settled!
Will post some pictures once I get it down to AZ!

Sweet 4th Gen. Question, did you have to chop the body mount? And any rub on inner wheel well plastics.

Yeah I did chop them. Since my tires are a little big then what I was originally going for, they rub alot on moderate trails. I may go down a size, or go up in lift.

Looking for an 80 series LC now, so I am listing this up for sale. Will still be using it for offroad trips on the weekends, though!

Well, I have finally sold her. I am going to be picking up my dream rig in about a week or 2, so there will be many more adventures to come!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online