03 E-350 2wd balljoints, questions.

This old Rz

I have a Camburg lift kit that I picked up on Craigslist that I'm going to be installing.

I spoke with Camberg and they recommend Ford Motorcraft ball joints tie rod ends and "ONLY" Ford Motorcraft.

I poked around and since Motorcraft / Spicer were the same company. and it appears that the ball joints on my van have been on there for a couple hundred thousand miles.... It looks like an awfully valid recommendation.

I was told don't be swayed by greasable ball joints,(Moog etc..) as they are greasable for a reason because they're tolerances are nowhere near OEM, and pre-greased OEM are superior. I was told by more than one off road suspension fabricator that Motorcraft is far stronger than any other off the shelf ball joint with far less failures.

I was also told stay away from xrf and their million mile warranty as they are not stronger than OEM they are not manufactured in tolerances to OEM, and the same theory of a lifetime warranty is the same as buying AutoZone parts they are crap in comparision and inexpensive to replace.

I have seen the Dynatrac ones but, I can't afford $800 for ball joints..lol

ONE QUESTION I WAS WONDERING ABOUT DO THE E-350 AMBULANCES USE HEAVIER DUTY BALL JOINTS THAN THE E350 SUPER DUTY 2WD ?
When looking at parts online I see no application for an ambulance.

Just curious as I would like to put the best ones I can afford on there.

Thanks in advance for any reply , it's appreciated

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
We beat the snot out of our e series fleet for decades. Anecdotally we have never had a ball joint fail. Sloppy sure, but at least for us oem seems pretty dang stout. When they do get sloppy we replace with oem. Cause reasons and whatever buying people have come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toyaddict

I put moog ball joints in my e250 at 50k miles, the oem joints were getting quite sloppy and you could visually see the camber change. Lots of corrugated gravel, railroad crossings and just plain rough roads in that 50k, the van is at 85k now with no appreciable wear in the joints but it's been retired from service work since 75k so it's hard to compare oem to moog in my application.

This old Rz

Thanks for the replies. Since the E350 Motorcraft seem to be the stoutest that I can buy, for the budget, I will likely go with them they're not too much more money.
I don't think I would feel too uncomfortable with the Moog either, as there alot if folks utilizing the brand as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94