'02 Tacoma & '09 FWC Camper Combo

JTL

I'm interested in the truck and camper as a package, but I haven't been able to send you a PM. Would you mind posting some more details on the pickup and what you'd like to get for the package, or sending me a PM? Thanks!

jt

NothingClever

Explorer
Amazing the emotional nature of toys...all is well while my energies are focused on promoting the virtues of my wares but as soon as folks start inquiring with a degree of seriousness, nostalgia and hesitation kick in and give me pause. Alas, I can't use two trucks and two campers. I can only get away with that outlook with my motorcycles and bicycles.

NothingClever

Explorer
The total weight is approximately 900 lbs with foodstuffs for a week, camp chairs, a carpet for the awning, firewood, a bbq grill, skis, snowshoes and backpacking gear.

Telephone number sent via PM.

swwestwood

I'm interested in the truck/camper combo. Can you post some additional photos/details about the truck, as well as the combined price of the two? Thanks!

NothingClever

Explorer
An unanticipated work requirement and rain got in the way of waxing and photos this weekend. Am cognizant of folks wanting new/latest photos. Washing the truck this past week, looking at the scant mileage and realizing what a gem this truck is has me second-guessing selling the truck but alas it continues to be up for sale with the camper.

Last edited:

NothingClever

Explorer
The motor is the 3.4 liter 5VZ-FE engine. It is completely stock. Fully loaded, the truck gets about 14 mpg at 60-65 mph. The 77,xxx miles are original. I purchased the truck in 2008 with ~32,000 miles. I am the second owner of the truck. The first owner was a female school teacher in Illinois and I purchased the truck from a Toyota dealer after its life as a commuter.

The truck has a manual, 5 speed transmission with the ADD transfer case which allows you to push a button on the transfer case shift lever to go into 4 high. To go into 4 low, you need to stop the vehicle (normal regardless of 4WD system) and then move the transfer case shift lever (all from inside the cab).

Original gear ratio was 4.33. With the camper installed, the truck became slightly tired. It would move without any drama, but the throttle response wasn't snappy. With the 4.88 differentials, the truck has great throttle response on incline starts such as the streets of San Francisco or anywhere in mountainous areas. I'm originally from Colorado and the truck was intended for a trip to Chile so I configured it for those applications. However, the improved throttle response from lowering the differential ratio didn't compromise the top end too much. It still zips right along at 70-75 mph if you're inclined to go that fast.

The truck has a Line-X bed sealant which I had done specifically for the camper.

DSC_1002_zps47612d52.jpg

DSC_1003_zps05fc65e8.jpg

DSC_1004_zps7fbf9d37.jpg

DSC_1005_zpse8a5d895.jpg

DSC_1006_zps926eba41.jpg

DSC_1007_zps4ddaf2f0.jpg

DSC_1008_zps1b6f6fc0.jpg

DSC_1009_zps2984bfde.jpg

DSC_1011_zps8c3ec506.jpg

DSC_1010_zps30bc7ad5.jpg

DSC_1012_zps6a1b6eb2.jpg

Last edited: