02 Taco for $17k...this is getting out of hand.

LtFuzz

Explorer
BaT is kind of all over the place. They basically control the North American Porsche market, but for SUVs people will seriously overpay.

A.Priori

02 Taco on BAT. less than an hour left and it's at $17k. Nice truck but seems a bit outrageous, imo. Thoughts?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-toyota-tacoma-trd-limited-double-cab/

The plot thickens. I just happened upon this exact truck while browsing CL

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/2002-toyota-tacoma-double-cab/6658313341.html

looks like the guy wants to sell it because of no ABS? Seems like an important question to ask before bidding over 18k on BaT

DJB1

That price is crazy but I spent some coin on a clean 1st gen 4cylinder regular cab because that is what I wanted and I can't buy a new one even if I wanted to. Plus I just really don't like current gen Tacos and 4 Runners and I think those are equally insane price too for what you get.

To a point, clean simple and older can be a nicer combo than new or newer used even if it costs a bit.

I also spent some coin on a clean 1st gen regular cab Tacoma. I experienced too many disappointments with the 2005+ model; the interior looked worn-out by 45,000 miles, the paint scratched just from looking at it funny, it sounded like it was rattling apart on bumpy roads, and it was simultaneously geared too low for decent freeway cruising but geared too high for decent 4-LO usage. The era of over-engineered Tacomas is over, that's why the 2004 and older ones are getting more valuable.

Last edited:

roving1

I also spent some coin on a clean 1st gen regular cab Tacoma. I experienced too many disappointments with the 2005+ model; the interior looked worn-out by 45,000 miles, the paint scratched just from looking at it funny, it sounded like it was rattling apart on bumpy roads, and it was simultaneously geared too low for decent freeway cruising but geared too high for decent 4-LO usage. The era of over-engineered Tacomas is over, that's why the 2004 and older ones are getting more valuable.

Nice to know I am not alone on these thoughts. Autos especially have had whack gearing in Tacomas lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles