0% financing on 2020 Tacoma

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
A Tacoma is no better a deal now than any other day in the past. NOW you will git less of a discount to cover the cost of the 0% financing. Toyota is finally realizing this is what it takes to sell an outdated vehicle. Just wait until this Fall and watch for the better deals!

Don't drink the 0% Koolaid thinking it's a great deal.

It's NOT!

Love the ignorance of how Toyota operates

Tacoma gen 2 was 2005-15.
4runner gen 5 debuted 2010 MY...still truckin along in 2020 after a 2014 refresh.
Tundra gen 2 debuted 2007 MY...still truckin along in 2020 after a 2014 refresh.

All are supposedly being redesigned for 2022 or 2023. That would make Tacoma gen 3 short-lived in comparison.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Tacoma gen 2 was 2005-15.
4runner gen 5 debuted 2010 MY...still truckin along in 2020 after a 2014 refresh.
Tundra gen 2 debuted 2007 MY...still truckin along in 2020 after a 2014 refresh.

All are supposedly being redesigned for 2022 or 2023. That would make Tacoma gen 3 short-lived in comparison.

You understand that Toyota has never changed models every couple years right? They always have long model runs. It’s the way they operate.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
A Tacoma is no better a deal now than any other day in the past. NOW you will git less of a discount to cover the cost of the 0% financing. Toyota is finally realizing this is what it takes to sell an outdated vehicle. Just wait until this Fall and watch for the better deals!

Don't drink the 0% Koolaid thinking it's a great deal.

It's NOT!
Depends on what you consider a deal! I love borrowing money for free

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
It might be 0% finance charges but it can still end up costing you quite a bit more than paying cash.

I've saved at least a vehicle in insurance costs over the years by just having good medical coverage and no comprehensive for the vehicles - which is pretty much required when the bank has the title, no?

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
It might be 0% finance charges but it can still end up costing you quite a bit more than paying cash.

I've saved at least a vehicle in insurance costs over the years by just having good medical coverage and no comprehensive for the vehicles - which is pretty much required when the bank has the title, no?
I believe the savings/cost you are referring to depends on state but I am not completely sure.

And yeah- If you're paying cash for a vehicle and not getting some type of cash discount then you're getting ripped off and should be financing it but if it's MSRP at 0% APR or MSRP using cash they cancel eachother out.

But paying cash is Not always the best decision especially with a favorable interest rate like 0%. Dropping 30K one time takes a big chunk out of your account value for "rainy day" reasons if you will vs borrowing that 30k for 72 months with no interest wont have the same affect. Instead, it increases your monthly budget. When it comes to 0%- paying cash for a car almost does not make sense, financially. However- if you're doing a higher interest rate then yeah cash makes more sense- if you have it and it financially makes sense.

It's all a game few people really understand. When I buy a car I'm most worried about my APR, then how much I'll be paying for the duration of the loan (including interest) and then finally my monthly payment.

I'm looking for a new truck as we speak and I got some quotes with the industry standard of 4.9% APR where I would have paid more TOTAL (including 7 years of interest) for the truck than what MSRP is.

You understand that Toyota has never changed models every couple years right? They always have long model runs. It’s the way they operate.

ummm, yeah... in my post I literally listed 10+ yr generations for 3 Toyota vehicles. Of course I know that’s how they operate. Given the post of yours I replied to, I thought YOU didn’t understand how they operate. You replied to a guy who was basically saying that the 4th gen Taco is 6 yrs away (showing that he *does* understand how toyota operates), and you accuse him of not understanding how Toyota operates. That’s why I listed the extremely long gens of Tacos, 4Runners, and Tundras—I was giving examples to support his post that Toyota generally keeps a platform for a long time.

phsycle

Adventurer
...I've saved at least a vehicle in insurance costs over the years by just having good medical coverage and no comprehensive for the vehicles - which is pretty much required when the bank has the title, no?

I fully support paying cash for cars and having no debt, but unless you’re driving a $2k beater, not carrying full coverage, especially on a brand new vehicle, is just idiotic.

Regarding the 0% deal, nothing new. It all nets out in the end. They get their money. Like @vintageracer was saying, certain discounts are forfeited with the 0% financing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles