“Sierra Madre, Copper Canyon 2018”

FrenchieXJ

Expedition Leader
Welcome to our thread on “Sierra Madre, Copper Canyon 2018” adventure.

I have posted this earlier as some people will take a week or more to just getting to out meeting location. We can post up their experiences about the adventure which started many months ago. This will include our post during and after we return. We hope everyone will enjoy the photos, stories and our experiences. o_O

We plan to cross the border on April 21, 2018.:eek:

Da Frenchman:p

FrenchieXJ

Expedition Leader
I will designate that one person should tell the truth about everything in each days post. :confused: I will share this between everyone and each day will be a different person. :oops: So you will get the truth, in there some where. :cautious: The pictures will be the biggest story tellers, with me a close second.

Ace, Each adventure is always different as the people make the adventure. :eek:

Scott, Why don't you ask to take out one of the rocket's out for a test drive and give us a fly by. :sneaky: We will wave at you as you pass overhead. If you do that, you will qualify for a Oval "Sierra Madre, Copper Canyon 2018 sticker.. Check with the boss and see if you can at least put a sticker on it. o_O

Da Frenchman :devilish:

FrenchieXJ

Expedition Leader
The adventures are never the same for 2 people at the same place and time. Getting inspired is good only to a point. You may not like the same things as another person, so you may just scratch your head and wonder why they were so excited about what they saw or did.

The inspiration is important to get you excited to go. Then you need to discover the special experience which is important to you. To go to the same place and do the same thing someone else did, be open minded that you may not care about the same thing as the other person.

The experiences you have is from all around you. This is the traveling companions, locals you meet, the sights you see, the history and information you acquire. In all of the adventures into Copper Canyon area or the many adventures to the places I have been many times, none of them have been the same. There are some similar reactions and experiences, but they are all different. You can not create the situations that happen. Life would be boring if they all were the same, then it would be “Been their and done it ” tee shirt time!

With all of this said it comes down to, go and create your own unique experience. The Sierra Madre Mountains hold so many wonders you can find what every your looking for the experience comes from within.

When you come to a split in the road try them both as each will present a different experience.

Da Frenchman

FrenchieXJ

Expedition Leader
Well Marie, George and Frenchie made the crossing back into the US Sunday night. I saw that Larrie and Curt crossed the border at a different location as well. Since we were all heading to different adventures along out way back to our homes the different crossings was best for the group.

The adventure was really special! The scenery was magnificent, the people (our group and locals) were super, the culture and history was splendid. This was truly a magical adventure.

The adventure will be posted as the group get time to start with their pictures and stories. We all saw the same thing but through different eyes and to each it was their own experience. Watch for their post when they get settled.

Da Frenchman

Ace Brown

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0019
Well Marie, George and Frenchie made the crossing back into the US Sunday night. I saw that Larrie and Curt crossed the border at a different location as well. Since we were all heading to different adventures along out way back to our homes the different crossings was best for the group.

The adventure was really special! The scenery was magnificent, the people (our group and locals) were super, the culture and history was splendid. This was truly a magical adventure.

The adventure will be posted as the group get time to start with their pictures and stories. We all saw the same thing but through different eyes and to each it was their own experience. Watch for their post when they get settled.

Da Frenchman
Really glad it was a great adventure. Expecting to see lots of photos and stories here. But also hoping for first hand revelations from Frenchie and Bruce B at Overland Expo in Flag. Bruce has been posting some funny stuff on Facebook about his attempts to teach the locals how to do their craftwork. It’s called satire.

I just completed my own mini adventure. During Cruise Moab I ran most of Kokopelli’s Trail pulling my trailer. It was my sixth and last time on Koko. It’s really gotten rough and my old arms are still tired from cranking that wheel back and forth. 🤨

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk