“Extend My Seat”

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I used something like it in my LJ, and I’ve modified nearly all my cars over the past 20 years with something similar. I think I used Jim’s Big Boy seat risers or something in the LJ, but my memory fades.

These appear to be well made and simple to install. At 6’-7”, I can’t drive the original JK with that vertical fin center dash. It cuts right into my knee. Seat rail extenders make a world of difference. Join the fight in the #ConspiracyAgainstTheTall !

Jurfie

Adventurer
I'd be more concerned about headroom; at 6'-6", I hit the rollbar on the JL. Maybe the seat rail extender would put me behind it, but then I'd probably need arm extenders, too.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I used something like it in my LJ, and I’ve modified nearly all my cars over the past 20 years with something similar. I think I used Jim’s Big Boy seat risers or something in the LJ, but my memory fades.

These appear to be well made and simple to install. At 6’-7”, I can’t drive the original JK with that vertical fin center dash. It cuts right into my knee. Seat rail extenders make a world of difference. Join the fight in the #ConspiracyAgainstTheTall !

Thank you for the response. I hope something like this is an option for the Gladiator. I think the front seat room is comparable with both models.

Side thought/rant: why is it the shortest guy is always in the Emergency Exit row on an airplane? There should be a minimum height restriction for those seats!

Jurfie

Adventurer
Side thought/rant: why is it the shortest guy is always in the Emergency Exit row on an airplane? There should be a minimum height restriction for those seats!

YES!! And the front seat at the bulkhead. I was on an Air Transat flight to Mexico a few years back, and some shorties were literally stretched right out at the front with room to spare while I chewed on my knees with the rest of the chattel. Now I only fly premium economy or higher.

/rantmode

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior