?’s about options on a custom order 2020 Ford F-350 6.2L gasser

RedF

Adventurer
yup going to get the electronic locking rear end. 4:30 ratio

and as we are saving $$$$$ by goi g thru a broker - And the dealer delivers it to our home, and we sign paperwork there (so awesome. Zero hassle)

thus the dealer won’t throw anything in, for sure.

cool to know about volume sensing aftermarket back up beepers. Anyone have a link? Web link to purchase.

I really like that Ford offers a full locking diff.

Look up a Preco 1040. I'm sure there are other options on the market as well.

jadmt

ignore button user
I have been specking out f350 as well , if you can get it in your area look at the snow plow camper combo package . it increases spring rates alternator out put and has wiring hook up for the plow, that i think could be used for a winch . also i would look at the manual locking hubs and transfer case as well. I am still trying to figure out what all he differences are between a F250 and a F350
[/QUOT

most likely just higher GVWR with the 350.

jadmt

ignore button user
I'd absolutely wait for the 7.3 gasser.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

x100. Even if the numbers on paper are not huge vs the 6.2 it will be so under built it will last longer and if a guy gets the itch will handle additional power better. I have had a lot of new first year vehicles in my life and never had an issue with any of them. Heck I have had more issues with long running vehicles than new models by far.

LimaMikeMike

Observer
Quite a few people have advised me to *not* get the snow plow package (nor the combo plow/camper package) as when you do the plow upgrade, it makes the front springs a lot more stiff, and that has a negative impact on the ride quality. As I will never plow snow, i will 100% avoid the plow package in any way shape or form.

(you) I am still trying to figure out what all he differences are between a F250 and a F350

I'm certainly no expert, but i *think* the 250 and 350 are very very similar... the F350 has more leafs in the springs i think.

just the 250 is a 3/4 ton truck, and as such has less rated GVWR and a bit less actual weight capacity. I believe they are the same frame, same body, same interior. Don't quote me tho. I'm new to all this. I'm sure a smarter person than me can chime in. :)

350 has overloads and the stop pads on the frame for them, (as does the 250 camper package) and a taller block under the leaf spring. It’s the magic GVWR number you want, no reason to get a 250 over a 350 unless there’s tax implications or has to be registered commercially.

We have a bunch of F250 XLs at work with service slide-ins, every single one is now sagging.

CodyY

Explorer
x100. Even if the numbers on paper are not huge vs the 6.2 it will be so under built it will last longer and if a guy gets the itch will handle additional power better. I have had a lot of new first year vehicles in my life and never had an issue with any of them. Heck I have had more issues with long running vehicles than new models by far.
40hp and 40tq can't be faked. Especially since that motor was designed for peak efficiency with the 10 speed trans in heavy duty applications.

You're going to want helper bags with a slide in. Also, factory cameras work so much better than aftermarket

mobydick 11

two more items you probable have on the list but not mentioned are the double batteries and the 400 w inverter . I think also on the 350 you can get 18 inch steel wheels and
A/T tires ,not sure they are available on the 250

LosAngeles

two more items you probable have on the list but not mentioned are the double batteries and the 400 w inverter . I think also on the 350 you can get 18 inch steel wheels and
A/T tires ,not sure they are available on the 250

Yes indeed - double batteries ... and the inverter is included with Lariat. Unsure if it is the 400 watt model... did not see any options on the Lariat custom build on the Ford.com

phsycle

Adventurer
I'd absolutely wait for the 7.3 gasser.

X100^100.

7.3 in a F350 if you’re pulling a 5th wheel often.

Forget the back up alarm. Your exhaust note will be loud enough. Just use the back up cam and you’ll be fine.

Running boards are aluminum. Won’t rust. And keeps the mud, rocks, snow off the rockers.

LosAngeles

X100^100.

7.3 in a F350 if you’re pulling a 5th wheel often.

Forget the back up alarm. Your exhaust note will be loud enough. Just use the back up cam and you’ll be fine.

Running boards are aluminum. Won’t rust. And keeps the mud, rocks, snow off the rockers.

to clarify - we will never ever be towing a 5th wheel, as stated in my original post.

And perhaps I was told incorrect information - but two ford truck salespeople from two separate dealers told me that all running boards sold by Ford are mostly made of steel.

The DeeZee aluminum ones look good. Can be had about $700 for the size we need, or a bit less.
:)

phsycle

Adventurer
to clarify - we will never ever be towing a 5th wheel, as stated in my original post.

And perhaps I was told incorrect information - but two ford truck salespeople from two separate dealers told me that all running boards sold by Ford are mostly made of steel.

The DeeZee aluminum ones look good. Can be had about $700 for the size we need, or a bit less.

Perhaps the mounting brackets are steel. In either case, steel or not, it’s far better than having crap thrown on the door. I like OEM parts personally. But I’m sure DZ or others will work as well.

Alloy

Dirt mud piles up on our running boards. Next truck I'd go retractable or install single bar steps.

D

Deleted member 9101

I'd definitely go for the 7.3... For no reason other than resale value down the road.

x2 on the retractable steps. I am very happy with the AMP Research steps I put on mine. I'm certain they are the reason I still have steps, the stock ones that hang down would have been ripped of years ago (and probably damaged the cab in the process). Don't know if retractaple ones are an option on Superduty's, I know they are available on the 150s. I think Ford uses AMP Research on those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles