¿What tire size do you wish existed? But does not.

billiebob

if you can't afford to buy or store multiple sets of tires
Since you don't run the MTs in the winter, the cost is the same. I buy from my local tire shop and they do the change overs, twice a year, for free. Even if you lack space to store winter tires lots of retailers will store your out of season tires.

The "I can't afford them" is not a thing. The cost per mile is the same.

85_Ranger4x4

Meh, my mud tired truck hibernates in the winter.

I get it out to bust snow drifts in my field but it doesn't go play in the saltwater on the roads.

billiebob

What did you use?
Cheapest ones I could find, Yokohama Geolanders I think. On old, $20 steel rims. WAY better than any AT/MT.
Better traction, safer winter travel, you SAVE money instead of adding miles to those pricey AT/MT.
Anyone saying they cannot afford winter tires has not looked at the entire picture.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Anyone saying they cannot afford winter tires has not looked at the entire picture.

It's a financing question, not a question or value. I'm convinced an EV is right value for me, alas if I don't have the upfront capital, I can't enter that stage. The Pauper's Plight.

billiebob

It's a financing question, not a question or value. I'm convinced an EV is right value for me, alas if I don't have the upfront capital, I can't enter that stage. The Pauper's Plight.
Put it in the budget for next fall.... that will add 2? years to the tires you have now. 1 set of tires lasts 4 years 2 sets of tires last 8 years. Don't buy them both in the same year.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Put it in the budget for next fall.... that will add 2? years to the tires you have now. 1 set of tires lasts 4 years 2 sets of tires last 8 years. Don't buy them both in the same year.

I actually do have two sets of tires. I was saying I do get the challenge of buying two sets!

roving1

With tires you also have to take into account there is a huge difference between manufacturers on the same size tire View attachment 555772
Agree! To this end I get super frustrated with manufacturers that make it difficult to get the specs.

Also the metric profile tire size is just stupid. Should just be wheel size, tire diameter, tread width and section height all in mm (except the wheel). Be so much simpler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles