smurf40
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• saw your note on Earthroamer thread about european build, what are your thoughts ? feel that all that shipping back and forth plus material and labor can costs a lot of monkey
    smurf40
    smurf40
    Hi Charles,

You raise a good point, but with the costs involved in these high end builds, I feel that the time and money spent is worth it. Having a truck with issues later while on your trip hurts too. I’ve seen several $500,000 - 1million dollar units that were so much trouble the customer virtually couldn’t use it or abandoned the dream trip all together.
    smurf40
    smurf40
    Unicat has been building camper boxes and 3 point mounting systems for many years. They have learned a lot in this time and seem to have most issues ironed out. Cost wise, very similar to gxv or Earthroamer. Plus today with FaceTime, Skype etc it’s a bit easier to operate across oceans.
    smurf40
    smurf40
    Shipping for us was pretty painless, Unicat looked after virtually all of it (the owner of Unicat actually flew to a Canada to help us learn the systems of the truck) Their trucks are literally used on and off road all over the planet. If you want any contact details for pricing, layouts etc let me know. AJ.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles