Expedition Portal

O
Obsessed2findARuggedHybid
Hi Kari,

How ironic as i am on a business trip and guess who I am visiting Thursday. Hoping for a June completion. I know SJ is busy and she warned me this would be the case
O
They are cranking out commercials at Rollingstar. Let me know if u have questions
K
karlfunk
Glad to hear yours is ticking along. I saw the Rollingstar FB page has been updated. Having read a bunch of your posts, I am in a similar situation. Surprising how few options are in this market space. I have been thinking about getting a Total Composites trailer and finishing it myself. We considered an Alto Safari, but that whole crowd seems insane. Bidding wars on trailers driving prices to the moon.
K
karlfunk
Is yours being built to the same spec as the first one they did? We are looking at a few changes just to keep it as light as possible. No AC, no fridge, smaller tongue box, lithium, etc. Our tow vehicle is a Subaru Outback and I am aiming for 2000lb empty.
O
Driving from Cleveland to Utica NY
O
I was so close to ordering a safari condo alto 1723 but driving to Qubec was a concern and the lack of clearance. Total Composits was in the running. Nice concepts. My Trailer Marker is going to be cool. I did send them an isotherm 12v fridge, ostrich 270 awning. Going with two Battle Born batteries, zamp 200 wt portable, vitron inverter and charger.
O
Rhino coating the mad max fenders, roof rack with ladder, dinette bed base, reinforce roof and ramp door.Rhino coating on mad max fenders and rear door hinges, 5 lb propane on passenger side rear. Maxfan , stikwood, outside entry doors on both sides to access dinette storage areas. I will give you an update after my visit
O
Hoping to be 2300 lbs dry
O
Also timbren 3500hd
K
karlfunk
Sounds really nice. Hope your visit went well? I finally got a message back from Sarah Jo today. They are pushing new orders again. Back to "spring" for another assessment. We may need to look more seriously at the TC options, lest we end up waiting years for a trailer.
O
Visit went really well. Cool to see the Trail Markers in production. It is a family operation whuch apeals to me. Man they are so lightweight and the aluminum shines. With very minimal penetrations in the roof and how they build the roof i feel confident there will not be any leaking issues. Not sure what you mean by TC options. The wait is a bummer.
O
Total Composits right. How long are they out?
K
karlfunk
TM are very nice people. Went last year for a visit. Not a bad trip from here in RI.

Still waiting to hear back from Total Composites on timeline and pricing. The demo unit they have is all finished and for sale. It looks super nice and well done. But we really like the lifting bed and wet bath.

At this stage we are not quite sure what to do. We will just wait and see what happens. May end up with a TM eventually.