dreadlocks
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've been sternly warned my language is unacceptable, but I'm not sure what language that is because they edited all the posts, must be really terribly offensive or something.. so I'm not posting anymo, so long and thanks for all the fish.
    D
    Deleted member 9101
    Noooooooo...
    W
    Willsfree
    I really appreciate your contribution to this forum. Especially on the solar electric threads. You are a very helpful resource here on EP and a good spirit. It is unfortunate that many people want to censor others; really limits the conversation. Lots of that happening these days. I'm headed down to the beach in Big Sur tomorrow to get away from the chatter for a day or two. Enjoy the journey!
    Grassland
    Grassland
    You are a wealth of knowledge and seem like a great guy! Hope you enjoy your adventures
    So the tuner, calibrates to the specific frequency not the entire band. They need HF volunteers in Mexico Beach. You have to provide your own shelter, food, gas (generator), antenna, for a one week shift. My buddy cant get off work, he has 2 Icom 7200s. so it looks like a no go. Thanks for the info.
    dreadlocks
    dreadlocks
    You should get geared up and work HF your self enough to be comfortable before volunteering for any EmComm/ARES stuff, then ARES has training classes available that put you through dry-runs, teaching you best practices, codes used and how you should keep records of your activity.. you dont wanna learn this in the field, in the middle of the chaos and make mistakes that could have bad results.
    Technical question when you have a moment. With HF if you just wanted to Tx and Rx on 20M and you have a 20M antenna do you need a tuner? What is the most popular channel on HF? What about wavelength for a mobile antenna? Thanks for your time.
    dreadlocks
    dreadlocks
    unless your just working a fixed channel with a tuned antenna (30m APRS) you will need a tuner.. if I were going to put it on a vehicle (I have not FYI) I think I'd go for an active tuning motorized setup.

popularity w/HF depends on conditions, time of day and what events are going on.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne