Expedition Portal

Jafrench
Jafrench
Installed in the Spring and working well to keep the wife and kids warm at night. Was a great purchase to keep them comfy. Bought it from Rocky Mountain Westy up in Fort Collins which is now found at VanCafe.com--$750ish. Shipped to the house same day I bought it and was here in a few days. I bought the propane bottles from homedepot.com with ship to home option. ~$125 for two 11# bottles.
I
icedrifter68
Thanks for the update!
Mis type - Meant to ask about propane mounting bracket models.
Ordered the Propex HeatSource HS2000.
Do you have installation photo set.
Want to extend season, hoping a fairly straight-forward installation.
Also going to mirror your on-demand shower system.
Thanks again!
BTW, did Taxa ever respond about the Pull Out Kitchen Drawer system purchase?
Jafrench
Jafrench
Ahh, propane mounts were purchased from Powertank if I remember correctly. They're definitely made by Powertank but can't remember of I got them direct or through a 3rd party seller. They were a scratch/dent sale so I saved a little money on them. Don't have any pics of the Propex install other than the one I posted in the thread with it mounted to the floor. I would make a small change if I had to do it over again.
Jafrench
Jafrench
With the supplied bracket, the clearance between the heater and floor of the trailer is tight. Running the exhaust pipe through the wood floor requires a high temp sealant that was difficult to get into the nooks and crannies. Also, I had to notch out the floor underneath the trailer to make room for the exhaust pipe clamp. I would recommend fabricating a bracket (some easy 90* bends in aluminum) that gives you...