jdlcruiser
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Getting your recert is a great idea...could open up some doors and lead to something cool. We don't head out til January, so it'll be a while
    hey Jeff, not all of the pics are of specifically my projects. There is a collection of three folks, one does remodel, one does new and I do shell work. At least in the capacity of HLT. Right now I am doing anything I can. We have salt. Brought three rigs from OR with little to no rust and within a few years of sitting not even driving they all became buckets. There are 80's around, fortunately it makes less and less sense to drive them at 11mpg. Love to find something with coils and pl/pw's. Leafs are ruff, reliable, but ruff. The pic is a sales pitch of a house in CO. I was trying to talk someone into using recycled barn wood on the outside of a concrete structure so it would look like that. No go on the sale but the picture stayed.
    Be well
    JLa
    hey Jeff, not all of the pics are of specifically my projects. There is a collection of three folks, one does remodel, one does new and I do shell work. At least in the capacity of HLT. Right now I am doing anything I can. We have salt. Brought three rigs from OR with little to no rust and within a few years of sitting not even driving they all became buckets. There are 80's around, fortunately it makes less and less sense to drive them at 11mpg. Love to find something with coils and pl/pw's. Leafs are ruff, reliable, but ruff. The pic is a sales pitch of a house in CO. I was trying to talk someone into using recycled barn wood on the outside of a concrete structure so it would look like that. No go on the sale but the picture stayed.
    Be well
    JLa
    Does Kansas use alot of salt on the roads? Are 80's easy to find down there? I haven't sold any knives specifically because of the website yet. Alll my sales havebeen local word of mouth. The homestead is coming along slowl. We got the septic in last summer and an addition that will have the bathroom and laundry room. I have only hooked up one sink so far and am starting to work on the rest now. I am a little slow on plumbing. I checked out your site and saw some really big projects you have done. I really liked the one house that look like itmight be log or wood sided. Hard to tell as the pic goes by fast.
    Jeff
    Sorry Jeff. Doing taxes has cut down on forum time. Congrats on the retire. New management has that affect. We have not yet gotten married yet. Something always comes up. We are not in a hurry she assures me that she will not come to her senses before the big day. which is a relief.

I brought a 55 back from Oregon that did not have any rust. Now it has the 2F that I built up there and the H55F and three winters parked in KS rusted out the fender wells and door jambs. Rats. Fairly disturbing how uninhabitable this place is. So if I sell my 60 then I will make driveshafts for the 55 and drive it till it falls apart. Not really feasible to make a 55 a longterm daily driver. Then I need to find an 80 to drop a 4BD2T and an NV 4500 in to. Dreaming of heated leather seats and locking diffs not in that order.

Checked out the website. Very cool. Any takers? How is the homestead?
    I check in here periodically. I now have a '94 FZJ80 but have only have put a winch and a drawer system in.I am still making knives and now have a website www.ravenblades.com
    I do have REALLY big news,,,,,,,,,,,I retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was really planning on working a while longer but they started changing the rules and seniority went out the window. So instead of being in a quiet slow station they wanted to send us into town and work our butt off. Fine when you are young but when you have been doing this for almost 24yrs and you are pushing 50 it doesn't work. So I retired about a month ago. Its been a little wierd but I am getting real used to it!!!!!!
    We have everything paid off so we are fine.
    So if you sell you only running vehicle how are you going to get around? Did you actually find a 55 that had no rust?
    Did you guys get married yet? Any chance you are going to get up here to visit. It would be great to see you again.
    Take care Jeff
    None other. what are you doing here?
    Still dreaming myself.
    How are the knives? Winter is almost over time to get out of the shop. My winter projects piled up and now my summer pile is piling up. Darnit. No winning.
    I have a 4BD2T sitting on the floor and an H55F going in my 55, finally. Trying to sell my only running vehicle so I can rely on my not yet running 55. Poor decision maker.
    Hope all is well with the fam. Miss you guys
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles