2023 UEV-14

Anybody else seen the ROA video on this one? I really like the looks of the layout/use of space. Only downside in my eyes is the table has to be collapsed every night, if it was just me I’d probably sleep on the secondary bed. Don’t think my wife and I would fit on that one together though. 70k still pretty steep for a unit with AGM batteries but coming closer to a reasonable number. I’d probably be up for dropping 60k on something like this

Treefarmer

Since you're looking at a Conqueror, you probably don't need a lot of cold weather capability. You could skip the Conqueror and go for an OBI Dweller, get to a better price point, and not sacrifice on quality. They are pretty comparable brands performance wise, but the Conqueror looks cooler IMHO.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I believe there are alott more Dwellers on the market then the ev 14's. My guess is dealers like ROA who have huge inventory would be willing to wheel and deal. If this is the case the d15 might make more sense. I am trying not to be over critical but after walking through the Dweller all the cabinetry, Countertops and interior finishes just seem cheap. Probably not a deal killer but the main reason I would go with the ev 14. These OBI Chinese built units are being sold at every tom ******** and Harry dealer accoss the country. I would do a deep dive looking for deals then contact ROA to see if they will beat it.

Also look at Mission Overland Approach it has been roomered to be under 70k

Main issue with the dweller 15 for me is weight. Max tow for me is 7700 lbs, the 4300 dry weight of the UEV is appealing and probably the max I would consider with my current vehicle. Can’t do the D13 because I have two kids that need to sleep in the trailer until they are hitting their teens or so. But if I could get a good enough deal on a d15 I might bite, with the idea that it wouldn’t be a finished product but a work in progress. The frames seem solid? Would have to be a good enough deal to justify selling my diesel colorado which I love to buy something bigger though

EPO

$70k+ and only has 300w of solar and 300Ah batteries that aren’t even lithium. Plus the AC and heat won’t run with out supplemental power. That’s a red flag if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The AC would require electric hookup and perhaps provide minimal amount of time via battery. I thought the heat would run on diesel or propane or whatever it is without electric for the UEV-14 (different that the UEV-490) for example. I certainly might not be correct though but if you are correct, I don't see why anyone would ever purchase a UEV-14. Would make no sense whatsoever to even think about purchasing one for off road and boondocking.

It does have a truma combi that runs furnace and water heater on propane.

The AC needs generator or shore power.

The stock batteries and stick on solar panels would probably not do well off grid. The frig has vent which makes me think it may not be 12v. If I am right on that then not sure the solar and agm batteries would keep up.

They designed this rig to run on generator or shore power unless you want to throw another 8-10 k on victron and Lithium equipment

EPO

It does have a truma combi that runs furnace and water heater on propane.

The AC needs generator or shore power.

The stock batteries and stick on solar panels would probably not do well off grid. The frig has vent which makes me think it may not be 12v. If I am right on that then not sure the solar and agm batteries would keep up.

They designed this rig to run on generator or shore power unless you want to throw another 8-10 k on victron and Lithium equipment
Right on. I suppose that it's due to $ or maybe hoping that customers wont' notice but really it's disgraceful that companies that say that they are offroad, look like it, etc. can't just pony up for a small amount of improvement and I am not picking on any specific company here; it's industry wide. It's another reason that I continue to look at "garage grown gear" manufacturers such at Boreas, TetonX and Mission Overland. Looks like Kimberley and AOR make nice products as well. All on my short list at the moment.

ttengineer

Adventurer
It’s just insulting to see that price and not have a significantly larger battery bank and more capable solar array.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its crazy as this trailer really seems to have decent off road capability. More so then the other Chinese made units. I guess there just assuming us Americans just can't possibly recreate without more fossil fuel burning equipment i.e generators.

gendlert

They are definitely 12V fridges. The exhaust fan just helps with compartment circulation. In 2021 they were spec'ing the new Conquerors with SnoMasters, but I don't know if they moved over to ICECO like they did with the Dwellers. I think they were having warranty issues with SnoMaster; not sure if that's any better with ICECO or not. And I whole-heartedly agree that they should be Lithium banks out the door. I'm going to see what Black Friday deals I can find this year and upgrade my bank in my Dweller. All of the rest of the electronics are Lithium-ready. They should just pony up the extra $1500 (probably less at wholesale quantities) for the premium off-road rigs.

As an aside, they said the South Africa QC was terrible for the Conquerors, and they've made a LOT of improvements since 2019. I have nothing to compare it to, but it's worth mentioning. I don't really like the UEV-14 floorplan, but I've seen it in person and it's a nice rig.

Agree it should have lithium at that price. 500W would be better, would rather just have one 12V fridge/freezer and put that $ into the electrical system. Running AC off the batteries for more than an hour or two is a huge commitment though, I if you’re not spending a substantial part of the summer camping in hot climates hard to justify all that solar and lithium when you can get a generator for less than a grand

rehammer81

Another thing to keep in mind is that if your rig doesn't have the insulation properties to keep the heat out reasonably, running the AC on battery is a losing battle. Maybe nice to drop the cabin temp in the evening before bed or something I guess. Nice option to have but I can see why it isn't a priority.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Just a non traditional small builder RV market observation. Last month Taxa started doing manufactures rebates up to $1000 on the Mantis and less$ on smaller trailers. Today they are at $2000. This is a builder that sells typically to above average income house holds. Sorta the middle ground between full on nuts $$$$$$ “off road” Chinese stuff and US built non Indiana/Thor quasi off road dry camping trailers.
If Taxa is doing factory Rebates you need to consider the $50,000 and up Chinese stuff is collecting dust faster than the sales teams can eat the free donuts in the break room. I feel like Americans lost their ability to negotiate 20 yrs ago and definitely don’t understand buyers are the one’s who set market prices. Not sellers..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior