2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel Turnkey Overland Build (PRICE DROP! $46K, Charlotte, NC)

overpakd

2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
2.8L Duramax Turbo Diesel
Satin Steel Metallic
39K miles
PRICE DROP! $50K $46K!
Charlotte, NC

This is a 100% turnkey, Overland rig built on the amazingly solid Chevy ZR2 platform. You can leave tonight and this truck will take you anywhere your adventure leads and do it in style. Her name is Zelda, and she's done duty in the sand and slickrock of Moab, the mountains of Colorado, the depths of the Ozarks and all over my stomping grounds in Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginia. She is dialed and ready for adventure travel. I'm the only owner and this is my daily driver and adventure rig. The 4.56 gears and tune provide exceptional power around town for a fully loaded rig on 35s and she still manages 22+ mpg highway (18.2mpg mixed, "lifetime" in the 17K miles since gears+tires including lots of city and off-road miles). With 38K total miles, there is still plenty of factory warranty left. I'm only selling her now because she's basically finished, and I want to pick up a new project rig and do it all over again.

Two price models:
- $46K - Truck only (which still includes all not-easily-removable mods: gears, 35s, tune, steel bumper, custom switches)
- $48.5K - Turnkey setup with everything listed below.
- (of course, obo)

Stock ZR2 features:
Selectable front and rear differential lockers
Multimatic DSSV suspension
4x4 transfer case with 2 Hi, 4 Auto, Hi and Lo modes
Off-road mode to adjust traction and stability control for off road driving
Off-road information center in dash with inclinometer, steering and tire position
Plush leather interior
Bose Sound System
Infotainment display with built in navigation as well as Apple Carplay, Android Auto and HD back up camera

Zelda's Mods:
Tires: 35x12.5 Kenda Klever R/T (including 5th spare) - these things have proven to be ridiculously good in all conditions
Wheels: 17x9 KMC XD135 Grenade Off Road (including 5th spare)
Gears: Nitro 4.56
Diesel tune from ADP: ECU+TCU tuned to adjust for larger tires and gears (odometer and speedometer are accurate) as well as +65 ft-lbs torque/ +40 hp
Suspension: Stock GM Multimatic DSSV with 1" leveling kit, Peak Suspension Tie Rod Sleeves
Bumper: CBI Offroad Fab Covert steel with bull bar
Armor: Full skids plates - GM front and mid, AEV transfer case, transmission, rear diff, 589 fab shock skids
Winch: Smittybilt X20 12K Synthetic w/ wireless remote
Lights: 30" curved Rough Country LED light bar, Caliraised LED Ditch lights, full LED interior lighting (including red lamps for better night vision without blinding), LED head, tail and reverse lights.
Power/Switches: Custom switch panel (bank of 6) overhead replacing sunglass tray - controls lights, 12V power in bed for fridge, 2 remaining available circuits
Tonneau: Access Roll-up tonneau cover keeps bed contents dry
Switched 12V power in bed for fridge/electronics
Hardwired Dashcam
Blacked out Colorado and Duramax badging
Her mods also include a couple of light scratches from adventuring. These will almost certainly buff out completely if you want, but she already cleans up great and I think they speak to her character.

For the full asking price, this turnkey ZR2 build includes everything above as well as all the Overlanding and camping accessories needed to get out and stay out on an trip immediately and indefinitely:
- Rooftop tent (Smittybilt Overlander) with 4" of super comfy memory foam mattress (base + 2" topper). This is a fantastic, 4 season tent with removable rain fly, sky view windows and 3 minute setup. Leave your bedding folded in it and be ready to go anytime!
- Bed Rack: Caliraised Offroad Full Height rack (also includes arms to reconfigure for mid height if desired)
- Custom spare tire mount above bed rack
- Custom, locking kitchen/storage drawer with pop up prep/serving table and tons of storage for all your dry goods, propane, pots/pans, dishes, etc.
- Tried and true Coleman 2 burner stove custom mounted in the pullout drawer for quick meal prep
- Alpicool 45L fridge/freezer and 12V power in-bed charging a Jackery power bank on a locking slide mount for 24/7 glamping convenience and comfort anywhere you decide to call home. Game changing!
- Pair of Maxtrax plus an axe and shovel mounted to the bed rack for getting out of sticky situations off-road before breaking out the winch
- ARB quick deflator to air down off road and Viair 88P air compressor to air back up when back on pavement
- ARB kinetic snatch strap to yank your buddy's stuck Toyota out of the mud :p

You can check out more pictures of the build at @overpakd on instagram. If you're interested or want more information or pictures, reach out via private message.

20210606_200630.jpg20210613_185549.jpg20210611_143209.jpg20210612_154416.jpg20211015_180352.jpg20210515_185740.jpg20210428_125701.jpg20220731_202957 (1).jpg20220731_203024 (1).jpg20201023_174859.jpg

Last edited:

posulli

Are the fenders just cut and covered with a plastic U channel? Wondering if you could still fit the AEV High clearance fenders...

overpakd

Are the fenders just cut and covered with a plastic U channel? Wondering if you could still fit the AEV High clearance fenders...

Yep, I cut along the lines for the AEV Highmarks, so they could be added later if desired. I prefer the less bulky look of the trim instead so left them that way. All the clearancing needed for 35s that AEV prescribes in their install guide is done. Of course, I didn't have their nice finish plates inside the wheel wells, but everything is sealed and painted just as they would be for Highmarks.

overpakd

Early bump for Labor Day weekend.

I'm getting hits and interest on Facebook at the lower price now, but really hope someone in the overland/expedition community will reach out. She's been such a special truck to me and I want to make sure she goes to a home/owner who will use and appreciate her.

Send me any questions you have and/or, of course, any reasonable offers.

overpakd

Weekend Bump! Willing to part out the removable gear and sell the truck with 35s (with spare), 4.56 gears, bumper and custom switches for $50K obo.

This is a sweet, low miles, diesel ready to rock, folks!

overpakd

Would you be interested in $35k and a nice quality GX470 for your next project?

I do like the 470, but the next project is already underway. I actually just purchased and am in the process of importing from Japan a '95 diesel HDJ81 ?

Ping me direct though if you still want to work out a deal.

Exponeer

This is so tempting!

I just moved to Savannah from Utah and my Jeep that’s built out as a rock crawler doesn’t have much to do out here; don’t tell me mud is the same… it’s not.

An overland style truck like this is exactly what I’m looking for. Might try to find a way to come see it.

overpakd

This is so tempting!

I just moved to Savannah from Utah and my Jeep that’s built out as a rock crawler doesn’t have much to do out here; don’t tell me mud is the same… it’s not.

An overland style truck like this is exactly what I’m looking for. Might try to find a way to come see it.

Charlotte is definitely not a bad drive from Savannah. Happy to show you around the truck and test drive anytime. Assuming it's not sold by then, I'll also be at Overland Expo East. If you're thinking about attending, you could see it there as well.

Shoot me a message if you want to chat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior