Unique Expedition Truck

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
Totally off topic, but can you share where that quote came from in your signature?

Here’s the full quote -

“What we all love about Mongolia is the spirit of the frontier. I can gallop for a month here without seeing a fence. I’m trying to protect my freedom. Mongolia isn’t some fantasy; it’s about the art of living that we’ve forgotten. I go back to Paris and find everyone numb. They’ve lost their heroic aspect. We’re all living in hell, which we try to perfume with iPhones, vacations, the next fast car. Either you choose the path of liberation, seeking enlightenment, or of samsara, seeking happiness, which always depends on having something: the promotion, the job, the second home, … .”

– Hamid Sandar-Afkhami

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
Here’s the full quote -

“What we all love about Mongolia is the spirit of the frontier. I can gallop for a month here without seeing a fence. I’m trying to protect my freedom. Mongolia isn’t some fantasy; it’s about the art of living that we’ve forgotten. I go back to Paris and find everyone numb. They’ve lost their heroic aspect. We’re all living in hell, which we try to perfume with iPhones, vacations, the next fast car. Either you choose the path of liberation, seeking enlightenment, or of samsara, seeking happiness, which always depends on having something: the promotion, the job, the second home, … .”

– Hamid Sandar-Afkhami

Again off-topic but great quote.....I think alot of us are looking for Mongolia closer to home so we escape crowds and flee to mountains fly fishing, hiking or Overlanding off the beaten path.

On topic, interior build doesn't seem to justify 1/2 million, but maybe base rig is almost that amount.

ITTOG

I'm amazed when I see stuff like this. Looks like the interior was built with OSB and fence hinges and they want nearly half a million for it?
Surprisingly I kind of like the look of the OSB. Hopefully they put a coating over it.

If I was in retirement, I might have to check this one out. I like the build.

al415

Observer
I'm amazed when I see stuff like this. Looks like the interior was built with OSB and fence hinges and they want nearly half a million for it?

That’s a bit harsh. After-all, it comes with “an iMac computer and other stuff”

escadventure

Adventurer
Here’s the full quote -

– Hamid Sandar-Afkhami

This forum community never ceases to amaze me... That you'd know that little but impactful quote from a not-too-popular book I read years ago...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles