Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Aleja_333

A

How do you like the mattress? I’m wary of memory foam because traditionally they sleep really warm and firmness changes with temp.

So far the matress has been great. I haven’t experienced any changes with temperature changes.
For me it’s day and night difference on sleep quality. The matress that came with the Alucab was brutal for me.

clintium

Loving my alu-cabin. Curious if anyone has seen or thought of any useful ideas for the gap on a tundra double-cab?

I've seen the cabin on the Jeep Gladiators and it's like a perfect fit. Looks great. Just looks like a weird fit on the Tundra. I have big daydreams about building a combination rack/storage space with the whole area. I think a molle panel on the front of the alu-cabin, basically behind the rear glass on the truck cab, could be really great for things like recovery gear and tables/chairs. And then there's potentially a possibility to integrate that concept into some kind of overhead storage from the overhang of the alu-cabin. I've seen some great builds where people put the spyder/equivalent rack on the cab of the truck as well. Best case scenario would be one integrated solution/product/build that did all of these things. If I really had all the time and money to blow I'd take out the rear window of the cab and use that as something useful too. It's just a liability with the alu cabin. I love the idea of a slide-out type of drawer/rack system. Kind of like what the Rivian does, but overhead-ish.

Attachments

• IMG_4657.jpg
    IMG_4657.jpg
    972.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 66995252807__1BF44D11-C0F1-4A67-845A-35467B9C2CE4.fullsizerender.jpg
    66995252807__1BF44D11-C0F1-4A67-845A-35467B9C2CE4.fullsizerender.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
I have the Hest mattress on mine and fits like a glove. Struts are plenty strong for the mattress plus my bedding.
Hest ended up being our booth neighbors at NWOR. We hung out with those guys every day and partied a bit at night. Haha they helped me verify that their dually long will fit in the ACCC, even in the lower roof first gen ACCC. I ended up getting one ordered and I’m stoked. Their mattress is just insanely comfortable, it blows away my Exped and no need to blow it up.. Check these guys out if you haven’t already. Good team over at Hest, top notch talent.E76EB974-96C5-4B15-B887-9B49B5441149.jpeg

Aleja_333

Hest ended up being our booth neighbors at NWOR. We hung out with those guys every day and partied a bit at night. Haha they helped me verify that their dually long will fit in the ACCC, even in the lower roof first gen ACCC. I ended up getting one ordered and I’m stoked. Their mattress is just insanely comfortable, it blows away my Exped and no need to blow it up.. Check these guys out if you haven’t already. Good team over at Hest, top notch talent.View attachment 727472

Yes their mattress is insanely comfortable. The Alucab mattress was like sleeping on a rock for me. The Hest mattress upgrade is one of the best updates I've done.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Are the ACCCs starting to come with non-chequer plate sides? I'm all for that, just trying to confirm. It seems maybe only the back panels are still 5-bar. Of course I could be seeing things, or seeing odd models...etc.
I noticed it on Clay Croft's Tacoma build.

I both love and don't love the 5 bar. Love to see a completely smooth panel version for comparison.

View attachment 726573

Just a custom item at this time, but something we are considering in the future. The wrap was the main focus for these side doors.

-Rin

dvivian

Is anyone running a 1UP Bike rack (with Rakattach swingout) with their canopy camper? I have the rack, but torn on whether I should have the rack swing out to the drivers side opposite the camper door or if it would even clear the door if I swung it out to the passenger side. Just looking for thoughts on the best way to go before ordering the swingout arm.

kthompson

Is anyone running a 1UP Bike rack (with Rakattach swingout) with their canopy camper? I have the rack, but torn on whether I should have the rack swing out to the drivers side opposite the camper door or if it would even clear the door if I swung it out to the passenger side. Just looking for thoughts on the best way to go before ordering the swingout arm.
I have a 1up rack with Kuat Pivot, swings to the passenger side. Works great and clears the CC door. +1 you can rotate the rack and door partially if you just need to grab something quick, and makes easy access when parked on a city street. We will be driving cross country next week, I can share some photos.

dvivian

I have a 1up rack with Kuat Pivot, swings to the passenger side. Works great and clears the CC door. +1 you can rotate the rack and door partially if you just need to grab something quick, and makes easy access when parked on a city street. We will be driving cross country next week, I can share some photos.
Awesome! Appreciate the insight and would love to see pics!

siebermd

Adventurer

I just bought some parts from "loloracks.com". They are a company from Portland Oregon, that are actual bike riders. They allow you to buy individual pieces of their rack systems and kit it out to your own needs. Received the parts in the mail yesterday, the build out starts today. Ill be mounting it to the rear door.

seatoskyexplorer

Anyone know where this dust is coming in from and how to seal it? I used foil tape and silicone under the plastic bedside caps before the camper was installed, so I don’t think it’s the holes in the top of the bedsides. Are there larger holes under the bed rail on the third gen Tacoma?

Attachments

• 37585F2A-5F66-483E-8136-F0044156931B.jpeg
    37585F2A-5F66-483E-8136-F0044156931B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • 90CA607B-2889-49FA-887B-C339986B8687.jpeg
    90CA607B-2889-49FA-887B-C339986B8687.jpeg
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 63
Anyone know where this dust is coming in from and how to seal it? I used foil tape and silicone under the plastic bedside caps before the camper was installed, so I don’t think it’s the holes in the top of the bedsides. Are there larger holes under the bed rail on the third gen Tacoma?

Yeah, I would imagine that's it. I don't think the 3rd Gen bed is really all the different than the 2nd, but I know I removed the rails entirely when I sealed my bed tops b/c I was seeing similar dust come from under them. Sorry, it's been a year or two
since I did that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles