Truck Camper that Sleeps 4?

schmugboy

Observer
This may or may not help. My wife's family put the kids outside in a tent(s) (4 girls). But if you want everyone in an enclosed/protected space, we have two boys, and since my wife is the smallest she sleeps on the gaucho and dudes in the overhead. Now my boys have become man-sized so looking at a bunk arraignment, someone sleeps in truck, tent option, or make my East West queen more like a North/South queen by adding a removable extension like they do on FWC setups.

eyemgh

Anything shorter than 8’ is going to be TIGHT with 4 people, no matter their size. There are quite a few 8’ options with COGs far enough forward that they can be carried on 6.5’ beds, the Hallmark being but one example.

mkish

Adventurer
We were comfortable with 4+large dog in our 8-fter as long as we spent a lot of time outside. It is darn tight inside.

Sleeping was fine while the kids were short. You have room to sleep 3 people cross-ways in a queen bed if they're short. (Warning: do not be the adult between 2 kids.)

I recommend looking at tent trailers. Probably need to do some mods to get where you want to go. We got one and it's pretty comfy. Tows easily with a 1-ton diesel, too. :p

We still use the TC a lot. With a tent.

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
When I bought my 8' Grandby it was set up to sleep 5: 2 on overhang, 3 on queen down; all east/west. With enough room in the back for a small fridge and one person standing (two if you're hugging).

If you are handy you could remodel a 6.5' or 8' with a table/bed in the front that sits 4 and sleeps 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke