Snow Peak Addiction

Roadtech

I'm not new to Snow Peak products, I own a bunch of them going back 10 years. I am new to the IGT and I am trying to decide between the 3 unit or 4 unit tables. I plan to use it at home on my patio and camping. The 4 unit is only $10 more so the price isn't an issue. I do like the smaller size of the 3 for being more maneageble while camping and a carry case is available for it. Am I missing anything in this decision? I have read all of this thread going back to page 200 and haven't seen much on this subject. Any input is welcomed.

TooGouda

I'm not new to Snow Peak products, I own a bunch of them going back 10 years. I am new to the IGT and I am trying to decide between the 3 unit or 4 unit tables. I plan to use it at home on my patio and camping. The 4 unit is only $10 more so the price isn't an issue. I do like the smaller size of the 3 for being more maneageble while camping and a carry case is available for it. Am I missing anything in this decision? I have read all of this thread going back to page 200 and haven't seen much on this subject. Any input is welcomed.
i think it comes down to 3 main things...
1 - do you have the space to carry the bigger one when you take it out for picnics or camping?
2 - do you plan on cooking for 4+ people regularly and would use 2 burners (or more) at once?
3 - do you plan on only having 1 frame? or 2 plus?

for me my vehicle is a bit on the small side (older forester) for the 4u to fit and pack easily with all my other stuff when camping... but i can fit it if im just going for a day trip or picnic somewhere. I started with a 3u frame because of this... but later bought a 4u frame as I did like the extra space when using 2 burners. Sometimes I will use both together if I am cooking with a group. Some people like the combo of a single frame and an extension table... but im more the fan of 2 frames and just use inserts to make one a table if i am not dropping burners and such in since i can also put the baskets to store stuff under the stainless lids or in a half box.

smorris

Hi gang! I'm new to this thread, and have skimmed most of it over the past week. Definitely some envy on long out of stock items from some of you guys!!

I'm revising my cooking setup in my Hiker squaredrop trailer. I'm currently using (at various times) my 40+ year old Coleman 425 white gas stove, a Tembo Tusk Skottle with Kovea Scout burner, and my Jetboil, all on and around an ALPS Mountain Guide Table. Three fuels, the table is bulky and heavy, the Skottle is busy and heavy, and the Jet boil is used only to boil water. There's just two of us, so we don't need to cook for a family.

I've had the Snow Peak Kettle One for several years, but it and a Mini Flame were my only products. I'm changing that up. Last week a Baja Burner arrived, and sometime in the next week or so (why does FedEx take three days to cross one state???) a 4-unit IGT Standing and a regular bamboo table w/legs are due to arrive. No other inserts, because Menards has bamboo cutting boards a bit larger than 1-unit for $8, and four are waiting in the garage. They also had 14 Primus butane cartridges for $2.66, which are also in the garage. I have various adapters for propane, isobutane, and butane, so I'll use whatever is cheap and available. There's also an Kit-Kai windscreen and eBay trash bag frame on their way. To give me more options, one of Jerry's Tembo Tusk Skottle insert arrived yesterday.

I still have one quandary, though. In the attached photo, you'll see a Coleman cast aluminum non-stick griddle upside down on the 425. We use it all the time for bacon and eggs, or eggs and pancakes. Plenty of room to cook several at a time. Nothing in the new set up does that. I can put a 10" or 12" skillet on the Baja Burner and do a few at a time. The Skottle does scrambled eggs, but sunny side up don't work. I'd thought of getting a second Baja burner and putting a Lodge griddle across both, or something like the Blackstone griddle.

Instead, I bought a Kovea 3-in-one large to grill, act as a second burner, and basically work like the Snow Peak Grill Burner but larger. And like the Grill Burner, it has a sloped surface, so I'd still have to use my Coleman griddle for eggs and pancakes. Now I'm having second thoughts. It's plenty big. Maybe too big with all of the components in a fitted bag. I haven't used it yet, and may send it back.

What do you guys do for a largish flat surface? Hell, I even thought of getting two of the little Kovea Cubes a $50 each to use...

Thanks for any input or thoughts on my approach!
Steve

These were from about six years ago, before I'd ever used the Scottle. It never looked than clean again. :)
31949743_1257242457738990_446153278493818880_n.jpg

Check out those stove leveling devices!
226051228_2314830875313471_701346430506037861_n.jpg

535 X 185 X 310mm
Kovea_KGG-1304_All-in-One_07_Separate_d6efa8da-a49b-47c3-809b-65392b971f33_1000x.jpg

Last edited:

Riptide

Explorer
I still have one quandary, though. In the attached photo, you'll see a Coleman cast aluminum non-stick griddle upside down on the 425. We use it all the time for bacon and eggs, or eggs and pancakes. Plenty of room to cook several at a time. Nothing in the new set up does that. I can put a 10" or 12" skillet on the Baja Burner and do a few at a time. The Skottle does scrambled eggs, but sunny side up don't work. I'd thought of getting a second Baja burner and putting a Lodge griddle across both, or something like the Blackstone griddle.

You probably know that SP makes a two-burner stove. I have one, but I rarely find the need for a second burner. I can measure it, but it logically is twice the size of a Baja. It does drop in nicely into an IGT frame, although you have to remove the cover for it, so you can't use it as a windblock. Maybe ditch the Baja, and get one of those?

smorris

You probably know that SP makes a two-burner stove. I have one, but I rarely find the need for a second burner. I can measure it, but it logically is twice the size of a Baja. It does drop in nicely into an IGT frame, although you have to remove the cover for it, so you can't use it as a windblock. Maybe ditch the Baja, and get one of those?

Thanks. I actually had the two burner in my shopping cart at one point. Then I decided on the Kovea 3-in-one because it seemed more versatile, although it doesn't drop into the IGT. Two Baja Burners are cheaper than the single two burner and again more versatile, which is why I mentioned that option. I have a Kit-Kai 4-unit wind screen coming, so that should help.

I cross-posted my original post elsewhere, too, and was asked if my Coleman griddle fit the Kovea. It does, sorta.

IMG_7296.jpeg

With the grate on, it sits 3/8" his on one end.

IMG_7297.jpeg

With no grate, it sits a 1/4" low on the other end, but blocks all heat escaping. I haven't lit the stove yet (in case I decide to return it), but this doesn't seem ideal.

IMG_7298.jpeg

Best option seems to be no grate but up on the feet, which is only about 1/8" low on one end. I can always use my spoons again to level it for runny pancakes. ;)

IMG_7299.jpeg

I'm assuming there's enough heat from the BBQ style burner for eggs and pancakes with that gap. I've only used it on the Coleman 2-burner. Bacon can be cooked in a skillet on the Baja Burner. Of course I can always replace the Coleman aluminum griddle with a steel or cast iron griddle. I need to wait until the IGT arrives and see how this all lays out for typical use. (FedEx says today, but it is still two states away according to the tracker.)

One nice feature with this is that the padded storage bag holds the Kovea 3-in-one, the Coleman griddle, and the Snow Peak Baja Burner, as long as I leave the Kovea's lidded casserole thingy at home.

IMG_7300.jpeg

IMG_7301.jpeg

Thanks for the input!

motoz

Adventurer
9d464a4c03fe132afebca17b441e8933.jpg

Seems like there will be an IGT2 table run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motoz

Adventurer
I'd buy that. No chance for Aussies to score one, hey Motoz?

I'd buy that. No chance for Aussies to score one, hey Motoz?

Snow flakes chance in hell…

Yeah it’s a different setup over there. A lot of these Festival and limited releases are awarded through a loyalty system. Buy products and accrue points to redeem type thing.

The stores won’t sell to Australia direct. You could possibly try a package forward service or Rakuten though that proves difficult at times.

You could only hope that SP USA gets an allocation of these festival items to sell. I’ve sagged a few bits in the past, Green UG80 bags and some 300 Ti cups and 60th Anniversary Hozuki lanterns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TooGouda

Bahh, does anyone know where I can get the Jikaro Bridge for cheap? aftermarket or not ??
unless you find one randomly for sale online that is cheap, there is no such thing as far as I can tell. Its hard to even find one for sale let alone cheap.
honestly if you put a couple strips of say 2-3" wide and 1/8" thick stainless across it to prop up a stove it will work mostly the same though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior