Max suspension lift?

Seadevil3

Hey y'all new here, just wanted to get a few answers to this simple question as I can't find answers to it anywhere. I have an 05 Yukon and I'm getting longer upper control arms, CV axle shims just 1in and 3in keys. What's the max I can go to max everything out. I know a few companies sell a 4in kit and drops everything back down but I'm shooting for 3-3.5 in lift up front. With the lifted upper control arms I don't have to worry about the bump stops as much and Im not taking this Yukon off road at all, I was thinking about taking out my CV axles but who knows. Just wanted to get a solid answer to this question. Thanks

Lunaru

Generally anything over 3” throws off the geometry so much that there will be a lot of little things to deal with, a diff drop isn’t hard and it’s cheap/free, as for bump stops extending them is good insurance so you don’t bend a shaft in your shock, tie rod ends love to come unglued on lifted gm‘s because of the stresses from having larger tires which brings us to the steering rack, GM cannot figure out how to make a steering rack survive, I have replaced quite a few. With all that I have seen lifted chevys with extended cvs last well over 300k with their main job being ripping tractors out of holes, being overloaded with hay, and towing trailers that were way to heavy. The 4l80 in a one ton will detonate by the barn if you try to a pull a hitachi 120 out of the muck, just saying.
Long story Long, 3”

Seadevil3

Lol thanks for the story, I'm trying to find like a 1/2 in to 1in diff drop but all I'm finding is what are in lift kits and I don't want to spend thousands if I can help it. I'm an old Dodge guy so I'm use to the spacers/ shims to drop a front diff not a hole bracket. Looks easy but if I have to i have to ya know. I like the look of a small lift 2-4 in and still have the nose dive but like 1/2 to 1in not like 2 in or definitely not a squatter. Thank you for your input I'll see after I go up 3in what everything looks like. I'll need to buy longer shocks as mine are old and I don't really want to use shock extenders

Seadevil3

Also is a 2000-2006 Silverado 1500 same front end as a 2000-2006 Tahoe? So I can do a differential drop? I did find a 1in spacer diff drop but it was for a Silverado?

Lunaru

Why I said diff drops are cheap/free is because they are just spacers or shims there’s nothing fancy just like the dodge or Tacoma or tundra or anything the differential is just bolted in right, so just stop it (with spacers) from going to far. Get yourself some bar star at a steel shop cut it and drill a hole theres your spacer. I usually have some plate laying around from a log truck or machine of some sort and just cut that to size. Don’t overthink it if works on a GM it will work on a GM or Toyota or ford or a dodge.
now to your question, I don’t know if the silverado and Tahoe front diff is the same but I think they are(pretty sure they are).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier