LR3/LR4 Rhino OX hitch weld failures

dschwartzaz

Okay, I reached out to Tactical 4x4 via their Contact Us link so hopefully they will get back to me. Below are some images of the cracks and locations.
Considering that I live near Phoenix Arizona and our rainfall is minimal and obviously no salt on the roads in the winter, the amount of rust on the cracks and bolts is pretty surprising. The powdercoat also seems to fall off if you look at it sternly.

IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg

CRYA

um, just wow

ironic that these were probably bought "because the OEM LR version somehow sucked"
NAh, the OE hitch is great, but for us with high clearance trailers, the receiver is just way too low for off-pavement. Safari-gard and Rhino solve that problem.

douglastic

NAh, the OE hitch is great, but for us with high clearance trailers, the receiver is just way too low for off-pavement. Safari-gard and Rhino solve that problem.

I suppose for this board, that might be more true than I gave credit for
I love my removable hitch, but I don't tow off-road

I just remember reading all the mudslinging on the *other* forums about the LR hitch

XJLI

Adventurer
I think if I needed a permanent high clearance hitch I'd cut the factory tow eye out and weld in a receiver in it's place. Simple and effective.

tdhunter13

Observer
I think if I needed a permanent high clearance hitch I'd cut the factory tow eye out and weld in a receiver in it's place. Simple and effective.

I think, I recall another member doing exactly that in pictures they posted here and actually meant to ask them about it. However it seems the pictures have been removed before I could do so.

@gregV , was it your LR3 I am thinking of? (If not, my bad, but I do like your build!)

~Tyler

dylan22

Has anyone received a replacement (new or refurbished) yet? I emailed tactical 4x4 again, but I sent mine in last summer so I am not hopeful on restocking or repairing....

Glad I kept my oem one around - its getting lots of use and no issues at all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94