Small Toy Hauler?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Any wood in a RV is a water rot issue with any leak. They all leak lol. The less wood the better?. Especially around windows and other holes.
The weak spots in aluminum framed stuff like the Geo is the wood floor and ply roof skin

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Oh my "Elkhart " speak. I am out of this wheel house. Good luck to yous guys!!
? not everyone needs or wants to be a expedition unobtainium type?. Also doesn’t reflect how much someone is worth either. I could ship a Australian made whatever here for $120,000 pay cash. But Id rather buy a newer bigger sailboat to replace my current one if I’m spending that kind of $.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

? not everyone needs or wants to be a expedition unobtainium type?. Also doesn’t reflect how much someone is worth either. I could ship a Australian made whatever here for $120,000 pay cash. But Id rather buy a newer bigger sailboat to replace my current one if I’m spending that kind of $.

I guess I have been called worse then an "expedition unobtainable type" that's actually really funny. I did not mean to imply anyone s worth. I have chassis mfg clients in Elkhart and seen production rv lines and what can I say they are built to fall apart. I am anti buy any trailer not built in USA and Canada. If your into sailboats and I grew up in RI during in the Ted Turner America s cup days I know your richer then me.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

One last thought Calisailor...I feel better paying a little more to a craft builder who are usually a family op like Rollingstar (Trail Marker) then give my money to a fat cat or corporation like Thor or Forest River. Or does Thor own them all now. Who hires slave labor to profit from. That said everyone has a budget and different needs and want. Peace out

calicamper

Expedition Leader
One last thought Calisailor...I feel better paying a little more to a craft builder who are usually a family op like Rollingstar (Trail Marker) then give my money to a fat cat or corporation like Thor or Forest River. Or does Thor own them all now. Who hires slave labor to profit from. That said everyone has a budget and different needs and want. Peace out
You can go that route. I had a few I looked at. I found the same issues given they all use the same sourced stuff just different people assembling it. Going small independent builder and skipping anything RV on the interior gets you the best product. ?

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I just checked in an E pro at the shop today. I think it was a custom order. Had a lithium battery under the bed and a 3,000w inverter/charger. Also a real battery monitor and three solar panels on the roof.
Must have added 10k to the price.
It wasn’t a toy hauler though, it was a bunk house.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I just checked in an E pro at the shop today. I think it was a custom order. Had a lithium battery under the bed and a 3,000w inverter/charger. Also a real battery monitor and three solar panels on the roof.
Must have added 10k to the price.
It wasn’t a toy hauler though, it was a bunk house.
They offer a trim package that does that. But not sure what equipment they use. For people with $ which till interest rates shot up seemed like every Joe and Wendy handing $40k over to RV dealers for RVs that sold for $18k pre pandemic it makes sense. But for handy types makes sense to get as basic as you can go and add what you need etc.

My ideal setup, no oven, no stove top, just induction hot plate. Nice Portable grill setup outside will be used 99% of the time. Kitchen counter will see more coffee maker action basic breakfast and lunch packing use than full on dinner cooking. 12v fridge enough solar to keep 100-160ah of battery fresh with fridge running which isn’t difficult in the regions I travel. A small propane/ gas generator for the occasional backup charging needs and hot plate use etc.

The biggest thing for my need is inside gear hauling ability, and separate bunk bed ability for my kids Queen for parents etc. The 19FBTH is about perfect. I do wish the trailer was 1foot shorter bumper to ball, and less kitchen cabinet ie more full width across the back.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Some of the cheap Coleman’s aren’t even coming with furnaces, just a 120 electric fireplace. I prepped one for a guy who bought the trailer for fall deer hunting, he requested the optional second propane tank.
I was like, uh, are we gonna tell him he didn’t buy a propane furnace?

ricoisme26

Have you looked at the Intech Discover? I'm liking this model currently with its tip out beds. Like that you would have the option to not tip out the bed and use a cot or air mattress as well if in bear country or cold weather camping. I only wish that the current version of it had tandem axles like the first time they produced it.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
My ideal setup, no oven, no stove top, just induction hot plate.
We are seeing trailers come with something that looks like an oven with a stove top. In fact it's just the stove top and the 'oven' is just another storage drawer.
Think that was a Winnebago trailer. Can't recall the exact model.
We'd be fine with no stove / oven top either as we don't cook in our trailer and would prefer extra counter space.
For the most part the only thing that sits on our counter is the coffee maker.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
We are seeing trailers come with something that looks like an oven with a stove top. In fact it's just the stove top and the 'oven' is just another storage drawer.
Think that was a Winnebago trailer. Can't recall the exact model.
We'd be fine with no stove / oven top either as we don't cook in our trailer and would prefer extra counter space.
For the most part the only thing that sits on our counter is the coffee maker.
I’ve noticed a few brands doing that. Have even seen one Geo Pro without a stove top or oven and would definitely prefer that.
Wolf Pup is doing a narrower very modern looking two burner stove top that would be my preference over a huge 3-4 burner thing if I didn’t have a choice lol. But yeah no oven and stove for me.
I have one of these we set out at home when we have power outages. Entire house 120v system is on a 3500 watt portable generator. A full 4 person blue apron meal is typically 20-35 minutes of hot plate use at around 900watts of pull. 1800watts is full blast burn water in 3 minutes setting.

Works great but you need induction pans or you got nuthin for heat.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Have you looked at the Intech Discover? I'm liking this model currently with its tip out beds. Like that you would have the option to not tip out the bed and use a cot or air mattress as well if in bear country or cold weather camping. I only wish that the current version of it had tandem axles like the first time they produced it.
I have and like it but I already have delt with tent sides and big bear restrictions on where we can camp. Yellowstone. So changing our camp rig will also be addressing the hard side vs bear restrictions challenge. Keeping our utility/ tent rig for different uses.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I’ve noticed a few brands doing that. Have even seen one Geo Pro without a stove top or oven and would definitely prefer that.
Wolf Pup is doing a narrower very modern looking two burner stove top that would be my preference over a huge 3-4 burner thing if I didn’t have a choice lol. But yeah no oven and stove for me.
I have one of these we set out at home when we have power outages. Entire house 120v system is on a 3500 watt portable generator. A full 4 person blue apron meal is typically 20-35 minutes of hot plate use at around 900watts of pull. 1800watts is full blast burn water in 3 minutes setting.

Works great but you need induction pans or you got nuthin for heat.

Haven't tried a hot plate. Curious to see if the one you linked comes in a two burner. We usually just use our coleman stove & our bbq.

I have and like it but I already have delt with tent sides and big bear restrictions on where we can camp. Yellowstone. So changing our camp rig will also be addressing the hard side vs bear restrictions challenge. Keeping our utility/ tent rig for different uses.
Yes. I seem to recall running into a similar situation in Alberta when we had our tent trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camshaft700