2010 Fronty Build and LOTS of Poser shots thread.

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
When I got this truck it already had a 1 inch body lift, MK84 coil overs, SPC UCA, and 33 inch Mudders. I quickly found a tepui ayer2 and front runner slimline2 bed rack used that someone with an identical truck was selling. really lucked out there as its been perfect for us, although Id like to get a slightly bigger tent eventually.

Since owning it I have put on a set of Deaver leaf springs in the rear with PRG adjustable shackles, I like how they ride and how flexy they are although the load carrying capabilities leave a lot to be desired I will be changing them out, was toying the idea of running 63 chevs and just going sprung under.

I put on a ARB twin air Air compressor under the rear seat, and installed a VHF Radio.
I did the locker wiring mod that lets you turn it on anytime, and I built a rear bumper with swing out tire carrier from Coastal Offroad.
I'm currently in the process of piecing together all the goodies for a titan swap.

2yFbyCQ.jpg

BLFvy1s.jpg

GFI0umQ.jpg

Ly6UAol.jpg

T8wqDHO.jpg

O2fLFtk.jpg

bJ8crdE.jpg

B8PsVZc.jpg

YcH7hZY.jpg

KS8FHpk.jpg

Pccuz0T.jpg

6IBUnLB.jpg

mGKZ8z2.jpg

1LBmpdn.jpg

XkNdkBK.jpg

sideburns

Idaho 2019 Nissan Frontier CC LWB
Nice truck! You definitely take it some gorgeous places, need to make my way north when the pandemic is over in 2024.

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
Thanks eh!
She's definitely coming along these days, not sure what my next priorities will be, but I know I want a m205 and a VK swap at some point, I have to save up some money for a decent parts truck first haha. I will also wanna do front winch and bumper and sliders.
I did recently switch out the deaver rear leaf springs to a set of OME HD's and am very happy with them.
f2cKfU3.jpg

x7fCT9c.jpg

amLM2Dc.jpg

LhRy6T2.jpg

tctTBuO.jpg

Reactions: SRN

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
Went up to a place top fry up some chicken sandwiches (I Imagine these are a world first since I cant imagine anyone else ever having done that here, so you know.. kinda a big deal)

MgegHMW.jpg

rs75R6Z.jpg

Then we went and did some more camping at the coast but got rained on pretty good so traded the coastal sideways rain for lakeside sunshine to fry our next chicken sandwich

slt5o1R.jpg

aH3GzC6.jpg

x0AjEbs.jpg

cuwVpRs.jpg

jU7oKeG.jpg

iocPc1y.jpg

Then I finally got around to putting in new bump stops for the LCA's on my Titan Swap.
I ordered THESE and installed them on the underside of the frame.
Pretty easy, just make sure you mark the cam bolts before removing them, or be smarter and install these when you're doing the swap.

ZWQUwqF.jpg

Cut the A arm and shock loose, moved it out of the way

jzjCtzE.jpg

jIHIzlo.jpg

Eyeballed the outer most centered location on the bump stop bracket and drilled a small pilot hole, the 5/16 hole for the 3/8 coarse thread pitch stud that the bumpstops come with

M3IykbW.jpg

All Done, added red loctite for more better tightness and then tested it out

X1eQu3i.jpg

At this point the bumpstop was staring to touch and still had about 3/8"s inch shaft visible before it was going to make contact with the external radflo bumpstop. So I'm pretty happy with the size and install, will see how it does under actual bottom out conditions.

sasssysloth

What front bar with the lights is that? I love how small and clean it is. Also goals for fitment and looks - keep it up!

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
So I recently added a 12k Winch with synthetic rope and Coastal Offroad High clearance bumper kit to the front of this thing. It went pretty smooth, I had to take the winch apart and rotate the clutch housing so the lever would fully operate, and moved the air bag sensor out of the way so that the winch brain box could get secured in place, I still have to modify the grill to get remote access but it works!
n5Vj3lv.jpg

mfkfWhu.jpg

foWL23H.jpg

udnrEnl.jpg

7HX3yR2.jpg

mnUge7O.jpg

UlqMWhx.jpg

XFZztau.jpg

Bigfnhammer

This could be anywhere
It's been a hot minute
I installed a prinsu rack... for no apparent reason, I just think it looks cool haha.
I've also got a E-Locker for a m205 waiting for install, which I'm really close to finding a donor diff (not so easy to find in my neck of the woods)
Which now that leads me to the conundrums of what to do with it at this point, I feel like lower gears would be something I'd want to do (like 3.73s or 4.10s) especially with wanting 35" tires... but the overall goal has always been to end up VK swapped and I don't know how awesome that would be having a VK with 410s.. hm hm. I'll probably stick to the 3.36s unless someone else wants to chime in?

I did some P/M by changing out the "just starting to weep" heater core supply coolant lines at the firewall with Z1's jumper and a dorman aftermarket replacement.

Enough yackin, heres what everyone wants to see anyways.

2fbtChm.jpg

JthpyMO.jpg

GUCHlkC.jpg

th0HMng.jpg

D8cg1l9.jpg

fkL83X9.jpg

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
Depending on which trans you swap in if you did the VK swap...I'd say 3.35 would work fine and save overall costs.

With 35's and 2.93s on my QX, 7th gear isn't really used below 75 unloaded, and isn't really used with a trailer over 2k lbs. It has the newer 7-speed auto, which looks to be more or less the 5-speed with 1 gear lower, and 1 gear higher bracketed on either side. I think 3.35 will be perfect and plan to swap those diffs in this summer; it'll be the equivalent of going just a hair smaller than the stock ~33" tires it came with. The Vk56 has a lot of grunt and a really flat power band, so I could see it moving a lighter truck like yours really well, regardless of ratio. Generally speaking, since the Nissan diffs are a hair on the 'smol' side by a lot of people's standards, taller ratios lead to more tooth contact and preserve strength. If you look at the tooth count on Nissan diffs, they seem to run a lot more pinion teeth for a given ratio than 'the industry' does at large, which seems like an interesting strategy to me to get (theoretically at least) extra strength from a smaller ring gear. You're talking about an engine with 'near big block' levels of torque on the low end, even in a light truck, it's a lot of input torque.

Please keep the forest explorer pictures coming!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles