Lr3 Shop in SoCal?

spacecowboy7777

Anyone know of a good lr3 shop in SoCal? Truck is in northern San Diego County.

My parent's lr3 has low compression in one cylinder and the euro shop they go to quoted $17,000-$22,000 for an engine replacement. I don't know if that is a new, used, remanufactured, but it sounds absurdly high. Also, from some digging, low compression could be as simple as a blown head gasket? I don't know if this shop has done a proper diag or if they're just throwing numbers at it. Symptoms are rough idle and low on power. Both symptoms have slowly gotten worse. The shop also mentioned the fuel rail or injectors will need to be replaced. I can find out the whole story if it'd help.

Truck has 150,000 miles on it. v8. Owned by my grandparents and dealer maintained until my parents bought it and again, extremely well maintained. All scheduled maintenance done at or before the recommended service intervals.

Any and all help is appreciated. They love the truck and are seriously considering ponying up the cash, but I don't want my parents getting taken advantage of.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
So Cal is kinda large- Where specifically are you talking about?

I know of 3 in San Diego, I have no experience with them at all just always remember seeing British vehicles in/around them.

BBC Automotive
British Auto Repair
California Autohaus

17-22k does sound a little high to me but am a Ford guy so dont have an experience.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles