Ode to the Sceptre Water Jug.

Scoutman

Explorer
Another idea for a manual siphon pump
http://www.amazon.com/Water-Bottle-...&ie=UTF8&qid=1441901362&sr=8-3&keywords=water

Or better yet a keg pump minus the tap adapted to the MWC cap. It seems to me that the all in one hand pump with hose and siphon tube would work the best and keep the system simple with no electric lines, switches, or compressed air lines needed. I like the idea of pumping a little air in and just pushing the button to dispense what you need.

Also found this site that has some pre-made parts for the MWC's. Pretty basic stuff but still requires compressed air or laying the can down.

Last edited:

snowblind

Adventurer
I stopped in at Goodwill today and found a 20L Sceptre water jug for $3.99. The only bad thing is that it's black. In AZ I would have liked a lighter color, but beggars can't be choosers. :)

Chad

Black can + sunny day = warm water. That can be good or bad depending on your desires. :)

Matt

WeLikeCamping

Explorer
Wow. Here we are going on almost seven years later - for my follow-up report :). Both containers have worked awesomely for the past seven years, and in fact, look almost new. I use them all the time, in fact, my daughter took the 20L to Coachella for the festival. Haven't modified them at all and while it is a bit cumbersome to try and tilt the jug and pour water out, I often just lay it on it's narrow side with the valves at the bottom and let them stay that way for the weekend. The big one drips a bit, but I just put a bowl below it and the dog takes care of any excess drippage. Glad I made this purchase, will probably get at least another seven years out of them :)

dstefan

Scepter makes an awesome spigot.

I cut it and extended the hose and use it with my scepter on a riser for gravity feed water. I also tapped a 1/4-20 hole opposite the spout for a SS vent bolt. Cut a channel in the bolt. Works great and no leaks. The scepter spigot gives micro control over the flow from gusher to dribble. Next to the fridge on a slide its our favorite mod. Unfortunately, I dont have a picture of the extended spigot attched but you can see how it would work in this shot. I can leave the scepter on the riser with the spigot in place even on some pretty bouncy/rocky offroad routes. The extension is about 4’ and I just hook it up in the netting higher than the can. You can also see the cans water level this way too with a clear hose.

1650142582072.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94