** SOLD ** FOR SALE: 2015 EarthCruiser FX

BlueRidgeBob

When I’m shopping for a $200k + overland rig to take me back into the wilderness, I’m not as much concerned about the engine, running gear, fuel capacity, electrical set-up, water capacity and GVWR, im concerned about the exact dimensions of the mattress. LOL another overland classified pure gold.
Assuming you aren't tall.. have you ever spent $200K on a rig to take you back into the wilderness and then not be able to fit comfortably in the bed? All the other things you mentioned are a given with an EC..

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
When I’m shopping for a $200k + overland rig to take me back into the wilderness, I’m not as much concerned about the engine, running gear, fuel capacity, electrical set-up, water capacity and GVWR, im concerned about the exact dimensions of the mattress. LOL another overland classified pure gold.

Wow. I guess on Expo you aren't even allowed to ask about the size of a bed anymore without being made fun of. And 3 people gave him thumbs up for it too. Nice bullying on a message board. So keep that in mind folks, don't ever dare ask questions about anything in for sale unless of course they are "hardcore questions". It's okay to ask about the running gear apparently but not the size of the mattress.

Wakeup2river

Assuming you aren't tall.. have you ever spent $200K on a rig to take you back into the wilderness and then not be able to fit comfortably in the bed? All the other things you mentioned are a given with an EC..

It wasn’t actually direct to you specifically, but I am sorry I hurt you feelings. I hope your quest for the right size mattress is solved soon. .

High Water

Baja Bliss
The Plywood option sounds quite doable, if there’s a ledge upon which it could rest. I would only be using that configuration very occasionally.

Thank you,

Bill
As a former 2019 ECFX owner, I'll chime in. The dinette table is made specifically to bridge the gap between the benches. The benches have a molded detail ledge specifically for the table to fit in securely. You can see that ledge in photo dscf1193-jpeg.708183 in the original post.
Cheers

eugarps

As a former 2019 ECFX owner, I'll chime in. The dinette table is made specifically to bridge the gap between the benches. The benches have a molded detail ledge specifically for the table to fit in securely. You can see that ledge in photo dscf1193-jpeg.708183 in the original post.
Cheers
Thanks, I think I see a small notch in the edge of the table that would engage the rib I see under the cushion. I wonder if it’s designed to support folks like my 220# traveling friend? Maybe I’ll check with EC. (On Edit) I’ve emailed EC and ask if there are weight limits. FWIW, I’ll share their answer here.

Thanks again,

Bill

Last edited:

WolfeB

Thanks, I think I see a small notch in the edge of the table that would engage the rib I see under the cushion. I wonder if it’s designed to support folks like my 220# traveling friend? Maybe I’ll check with EC. (On Edit) I’ve emailed EC and ask if there are weight limits. FWIW, I’ll share their answer here.

Thanks again,

Bill
Regarding weight limit of the dinette table used as a bed. I'm a former owner of a 2018 FX. I asked that question of the folks at EC when I bought mine and the answer was in excess of 300lbs. I am 6'4" and could sleep in the bed straight across, but I'll admit I tended to shift to a more diagonal position overnight. There is padding at the sides of the bed that could be removed to add a couple of inches.

dburns

I have received a few inquiries asking about day-to-day use. The rig is small but very functional and comfortable. Attaching a few "real world" pictures to illustrate what a potential buyer might expect.

61534310117__CEA34E4A-309E-4C82-8027-907DBFCB38B2.JPG

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1180.jpeg

FBA1A5F4-8692-4A87-BC29-B1D9D6EB7280.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles