Freaking COVID vs adventures grrrrr!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Just so I understand, 2 years ago.. gubment to the rescue.
First thing I remember was pure panic, then, settle down, 2 weeks we'll flatten
the curve.. no.. phau-chi, wear a mask...no, not necessary... just days later..better wear 2-3 ..
no, get the jab it's very affective (insert % of effectiveness, ymmv)..1 should do it..no 2 will be better..no.. get a 3rd (booster) . no...not as effective as advertised .. no... delta came along .. deadlier and and far more contagious than the 1st.. 6mos ago... it's the unvaxxed that are perpetuating the virus ..of course, makes complete sense.... but but.. omicron.. phau-chi and the smartest brightest most respected journalists of our time (and some celebrities)
Never saw it coming. The effectiveness of OUR gubment to do anything (especially my health)
FOR ME IS A whopping 0%. For those of you that participate in having this same gubment manage your health and think THEY KNOW WHAT'S best for you, i will sit on the sidelines and watch ..I am truly sorry.
I'm sure there's much I missed.
Yeah yeah.. I know people are still dying... that's what the news says anyway. ?

crazysccrmd

Observer
There are incontrovertible facts that must be recognized. Covid does kill people. The vaccines do help prevent this. It is a virus and constantly mutates as it spreads which has always been known and expected. In light of those facts it is a given that planned, expected or known courses of action and recommended mitigations will change as well.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
We did this smarter 65 years ago. No one with Polio ended up in a hospital, it was a big enough event that auditoriums, gymnasiums, arenas awere converted to host those victims. Our hospitals continued business as usual. But back then politicians had courage too.
View attachment 700724

Equally 60 years ago vaccines has massive support.
View attachment 700725

But it all started in the same place.
View attachment 700727

And when a vaccine was announced... this was the response.
In 1985, the world recorded 350,000 Polio cases. Today we average less than 12 a year. Vaccines work. period.
View attachment 700729

In Canada 98% of the COVID cases in ICU are unvaccinated people. If you are vaccinated COVID is often just another cold.
You want adventures, don't just get vaccinated, be vocal about how those without a legitimate medical reason to be unvaccinated are affecting our lives.
Just heard a friends vaccinated and boosted 15yr old is really sick as in worst sick experience they “parent” have seen in their life. COVID positive!!
You won’t find a single doctor with solid experience saying COVID is a cold for the vaccinated. Its not!!

calicamper

Expedition Leader
PH.....I accidentally liked your post. I was just scrolling through and somehow liked it ? I wasn't planning on being a participant of this thread.

CaliCamper.....I think there's way less people out in 2021 than there was 2020. Maybe you should reconsider ?
Might
Just did our first big sports tournament. 24 vball courts. Mandatory vaccination check at the door and masks!! Not a single issue, so far no cases or issues with our club. Probably over 1000 people attending over three days.
On the flip side the middle school basketball practice and game this week was canceled team is all sick. Mask wearing is lax on the court and bench, as such whole damn team is shut down sick right now.

tacollie

Glamper
^^.. give it some time, there's a new boogeyman don't you know.
I do not believe for one minute' the whole damn team is sick ',
that's just silly.
Really? Kids are germ factories and Omicron is super contagious. Luckily it's effects are extremely minor on youth. They should be back on the court in no time!

calicamper

Expedition Leader
that's just silly.
Ok one kid isn’t sick doctors kid who has had “how to minimize risk drilled into her head” coach is worried about going to the ER he’s in tough shape, same with assistant coach. Couple kids are in bed in pretty rough shape. Others have bad case of the chits and mind numbing headache. Pretty much a mess. But yeah sure they aren’t all sick?‍♂️

Snydmax

that's just silly.

Likely whole team is “quarantined...” our kids have missed more school and activities due to “close contact” than anything else. Not from actually being sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
It looks like t UK's Boris Johnson declared today that ALL the mandates
in the UK, masks, vax cards and vax passports (not sure they had them in place)
will end beginning next Thursday. He's afraid of being canned (or whatever they do over there). Be interesting to see if the spineless pudding cup politicians in this country will follow, since we don't lead anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles