Where to "Try before you buy"

EuroJoe

Adventurer
In a few years we are planning on getting a large truck based camper, semi full timing as work etc. allows. Does anyone know where it might be possible to rent something like an earthcruiser etc. in the US?

I found this http://www.overland.travel/new/rental-expedition-truck/?lang=en

Bliss mobil unit for an Africa trip, looks great but as we would be mainly based in the US its not the best comparison.

Also looked on outdoorsy, and there are a few 4x4 sprinters but we have used one plenty of times and are looking for a bigger and 4 season unit.

Planning on attending another overland expo in 2022, ideally flagstaff.

Any leads would be great, thanks!

Oh and mods please move if not in the correct section, I couldn't post in the planning forum section

Howard70

Adventurer
Hello EuroJoe:

Trying out various potential larger trucks is a good idea, but it may be hard to achieve. I'd suggest making contact with the various builders of the vehicles that most interest you and express your desire for a more lengthy "test" than just a day's drive. They might know of rental opportunities for their particular vehicles.

Howard

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Outdoorsy is the best place to find a rental to try a platform out before you purchase.

(We occasionally let prospective customers take out a Nimbl, and use outdoorsy to manage the rental for insurance purposes.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles