Li-NMC battery or LiFePo4 battery, which is better?

plane66

Guys, after comparing the Power Station in the market, I decided to buy the Zendure SuperBase Pro, which is very cost-effective.
But now I'm facing a dilemma, its two models (2000 and 1500) use two different batteries: Li-NMC and LiFePo4, and LiFePo4 is better in cycle life. Besides, what is the difference between these two types of batteries? Which one is better?:unsure::unsure:
1642499195266.png 1642498443844.png 1642498455551.png
Here is the product link:
Zendure 2096Wh Portable Power Station / Fastest Recharge IoT Solar Generator

Last edited:

john61ct

Adventurer
Wow.

Sure you don't want to go another way? Or are you well off?

A pair of GC2s might be $220 for 200+ Ah at 12V

LFP cells might be $2-4 per Ah at 3.2V, even $1 from trusted second-hand pack sellers.

Add a BMS for maybe $60 or low as $25,or even go without

RDinNHand AZ

It depends. If you can get by with the more limited charge rate and discharge rate LiFePO4 is a great battery. I have a 54 A-h in a portable power box. The self discharge rate is almost nothing, it can handle only about 10 amp charge rate and perhaps 50 amps discharge rate. For me it was the prefect choice.
The Li-NMC battery is great at higher discharge rates and recharge so it is used in hand power tools, in E-bikes and such. I don’t have personal experience except in hand tools and have been satisfied.
LiFePO4 battery prices have come way down if sourced from China and rebranded by USA battery providers.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Guys, after comparing the Power Station in the market, I decided to buy the Zendure SuperBase Pro, which is very cost-effective.
But now I'm facing a dilemma, its two models (2000 and 1500) use two different batteries: Li-NMC and LiFePo4, and LiFePo4 is better in cycle life. Besides, what is the difference between these two types of batteries? Which one is better?:unsure::unsure:
View attachment 702362 View attachment 702360 View attachment 702361
Here is the product link:
Zendure 2096Wh Portable Power Station / Fastest Recharge IoT Solar Generator
I think that Zendure NMC is not as good as their LiFePo Version or a Bluetti, The NMC version only has 1000/1500 cycle rate,

Also it is not a good machine to use with a Home Computer using it as a UPS system Unless it is a Laptop that has it's own built in battery.

The App is not a good idea because you can be tracked using it,

And it is a loud machine which is no good if you have to sleep in the same room or Tent with it,

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles