Funny Occurance in Mexico

Neil

Observer
Hi Guys ,

I thought I would share a funny thing that happened to us.

We have just arrived in Mexico and our Truck is in a Customs compound at the Port of Veracruz going through the Importation process. Its all going very well and relatively easy . The Truck has been subject to several inspections from Customs and Drug Enforcment etc. This is normal .

However, One of these inspections made me laugh so much I thought I would share it . I am still Giggling

The Vin number on my motorcycle is visible under the rear wheel arch through a small window in the arch itself. I purposly mounted the bike on the rear of the truck so that it is clearly visible without having to remove the bike.

However, the pretty young female Customs officer insisted that I had to remove the Bike from the vehicle so she could examing the Vin number. I tried to explain that its best viewed on the vehicle whilst is high on the rack.

She wouldnt have it so the Bike was lowered to the ground.

She then layed in a puddle on the floor for about 15 minutes trying to look inder the wheel arch. Now soaking wet she gave up and asked me to put the bike back on the rack so she could read the Vin number.

I had to smile .

Have a great Xmas

Neil

WOODY2

Adventurer
Hi Guys ,

I thought I would share a funny thing that happened to us.

We have just arrived in Mexico and our Truck is in a Customs compound at the Port of Veracruz going through the Importation process. Its all going very well and relatively easy . The Truck has been subject to several inspections from Customs and Drug Enforcment etc. This is normal .

However, One of these inspections made me laugh so much I thought I would share it . I am still Giggling

The Vin number on my motorcycle is visible under the rear wheel arch through a small window in the arch itself. I purposly mounted the bike on the rear of the truck so that it is clearly visible without having to remove the bike.

However, the pretty young female Customs officer insisted that I had to remove the Bike from the vehicle so she could examing the Vin number. I tried to explain that its best viewed on the vehicle whilst is high on the rack.

She wouldnt have it so the Bike was lowered to the ground.

She then layed in a puddle on the floor for about 15 minutes trying to look inder the wheel arch. Now soaking wet she gave up and asked me to put the bike back on the rack so she could read the Vin number.

I had to smile .

Have a great Xmas

Neil
Don't feel all alone, similar things happen the DMV in California.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier