3D Printing Success Story

mightymike

Adventurer
We have a 2014 Lance 865 truck camper that we transport with Ram 3500. The camper has Atwood electric jacks and in spite of being stored under cover the plastic covers on the jack motors had dry rotted to the point where one of them cracked in multiple pieces when I bumped it when I was washing the camper.

I looked everywhere but replacement plastic covers are not available. Apparently Atwood was purchased by another RV parts manufacturer and replacement jack covers were discontinued a few years ago. It was frustrating to find out that parts were not available for a 7 year old camper.

After not having any luck finding the parts at RV wrecking yards I had someone 3D print the parts for me. I’m very pleased with the result and the parts were very reasonably priced-much less than OEM parts would have cost. The person that made the parts for me was very professional and very communicative during the project. He said I could share his contact information if anyone is interested in this specific part or any other projects. DM me if you want the contact information.

7FAE989A-D1C8-4294-8C1E-BBA8CA01B2D6.jpeg57B29E5A-ADA5-4490-87E3-130B5DC1ED13.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94