Generator ban in California?

Ducstrom

I just read about the zero emissions legislation for small engines in California. I guess everyone there will have to buy their generators from out of state now.
It might just drive up sales of dc-dc chargers so people can idle their vehicle engines to charge batteries rather than a small generator.
Interesting world we live in...

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I just read about the zero emissions legislation for small engines in California. I guess everyone there will have to buy their generators from out of state now.
It might just drive up sales of dc-dc chargers so people can idle their vehicle engines to charge batteries rather than a small generator.

A pox on the houses of all who bring generators into the wilderness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Yeah the RV idiots are flipping out. Its a dirty generator “sales” ban. Not a “you can’t use a generator law” lol?‍♂️?‍♂️.
Remember when two stroke outboard motors were banned? Yeah kinda the same thing. No big deal. EFI generators soon?.

m-l_johnny

I think it was on the ewetube channel “RV Miles” that they said the “intent” of the law was to “encourage” landscape contractors to make the move to electric equipment.

Mtpisgah

In widerness, Its already illegal. What more do you want ?

I would extend past official wilderness areas and say the outdoors where people are camping and trying to enjoy nature.

Add amplified music (usually Bluetooth speakers these days) to that too. I do not want to hear music I like when I camp, so I sure as heck do not want to hear your music that I probably do not like.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
It was just a slip of the wrong word "wilderness" as that includes any motorized vehicle can not be used (taken into) in wilderness areas. I do not know anyone who would carry a generator into a wilderness area (at least very far).

wil·der·ness
/ˈwildərnəs/
Learn to pronounce

noun

an uncultivated, uninhabited, and inhospitable region.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I was camping this past weekend on private land in the Florida wilderness. 'Twas a hearty group of adventurers. One guy.... just one.... brought a generator. Was it illegal? No. Was it deserving of a pox upon his house? Yes. The reason for the generator? So he can run a floor fan in his tent to help him sleep better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne